Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
I (and my gaming group) really, really like this game. We have started using the expansion, and the concatenation of effects can get very funky. At this point I just wanted to verify that we are playing correctly. Rather than ask an involved question, I'll give an example. Then I'll ask two questions.

The turn order is Josh, Julie, and Matt. It is Josh's turn, and he plays the Dogma from a splayed stack with two Echoes. That stack's top card is a 6, and it has two non-demand Dogma effects keyed by two icons. Julie and Matt have more of the relevant icons than Josh. First Julie performs the "lowest" Echo effect, then Matt does, and then Josh does. The same thing happens in the same order with the second Echo effect. Then the same thing happens with the first Dogma (Julie, Matt, then Josh). Then the second Dogma effect is performed in the same order. Finally, Josh Draws a card.

1) Is the above example played correctly?
2) One of the Echo or Dogma effects was a "Draw and Meld" action, and the relevant splayed stack that started all this madness in now a 4, and all of Josh's stacks have top cards of 4. Is Josh's final draw a 4 or a 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, this is correct. Process the echoes one at a time from left to right, then the dogma effects one at a time from top to bottom.

2) If you're referring to his final draw that is his reward for sharing his dogma, he draws from the stack equal to his highest top card. If his highest top card is now a 4, he draws a 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Bryan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the echoes are from bottom card to top card. Not left to right, as it depends on the direction of the splay.

Otherwise, all is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
I would say the echoes are from bottom card to top card. Not left to right, as it depends on the direction of the splay.

Otherwise, all is correct.

True, for some reason I had a leftward splay in my mind's eye when I wrote that response.

Yes, bottom-to-top is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.