Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few copies for trade. Click here and maybe contact those persons. You would only have to pay shipping and another game or a bargained amount (depending on the user).

Since there aren't any copies in the geek market, I see that as your best option to get a copy before March, which is the ETA of the 2nd Edition.

I do recommend you look into the 2nd edition though. Here is my thread on why 2nd edition makes $ sense.

Although you could back the kickstarter project at the Battlefield Scrounger level and receive this

Quote:
You’ve read the rules, sharpened your spears, and garnered your forces; the consulted Oracle has told you to bide your time, but you can’t wait for the carnage. Supporters at this level will receive a printable version of Omen: A Reign of War plus a collection of 3 Omen: A Reign of War pc desktops

And then you could make him a set yourself. I recommend card sleeves and a couple decks of normal playing cards to make the cards stiffer (and you don't have to buy heavier stock printing paper). Make sure to ask John Clowdus (smallboxgames) when to expect the pdf delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is a crowd source funding website.

On the backer (us) end of things, you find projects you like and pledge with the big green button on the right.

You then specify the amount you wish to pledge and the reward (if any) you would like to receive. Rewards have a minimum pledge amount that you must pledge in order to select that level.

You then check out through Amazon.com. Your credit/debit card info will be saved but will not be charged until the end of the pledge drive (Jan 21 for Omen) and only if the fund drive is successful. For Omen, this means if they receive $25,000 worth of pledges before Jan 21, everyone's credit cards will be charged at the same time.

Then in 2-3 weeks the organizers receive their funds (minus Kickstarter and Amazon's cuts) and they can move forward with their project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle, I own the first edition, and was going to pledge the Kickstarter for just the additional stuff (expansion, metal coins, etc). If you don't mind a set that has been played a dozen times, then this is my proposal.

If you pay me the difference in Kickstarter levels (so I can get another base copy of the game) and shipping from Southern California so I can send you my copy, I'll ship it to you when I get back in town after Christmas.

If you find a trade or can wait until March for the second edition, that's fine too. Just let me know.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you got a copy in time for his birthday!

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.