Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain the influence scoring as it pertains to cities?

1) sounds like it lets you break the rule for whether or not you can add another influence in the same tile.

2) there's some power mentioned in the rulebook that adds influence for adjacent areas or something, but it is affected by cities

These two areas in the rules were the only things that confused me. Everything else was very well stated and restated. Congrats on a great rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When you place influence in a city, you normally place two influence there.
2) The piece that immediately allows you to place influence as it is played on the board in an exception, as stated on its card--you may only place one at that time if you place in a city, and no one will then place any more influence in that city. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't ever add influence to a square that already has a piece, conflict marker, or influence token already in it.

If a city square is empty at the end of the game, and you would place an influence there, place an extra one.

The Court Noble's power allows you to place one influence on a square immediately. If used on a city square, it does not get the bonus, and only places one influence token.

The Holy Legate's power allows you to place an extra influence on an adjacent square. If adjacent to an empty city square at the end of the game, it would place three (one + city bonus + holy legate bonus).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
You can't ever add influence to a square that already has a piece, conflict marker, or influence token already in it.

If a city square is empty at the end of the game, and you would place an influence there, place an extra one.

The Court Noble's power allows you to place one influence on a square immediately. If used on a city square, it does not get the bonus, and only places one influence token.

The Holy Legate's power allows you to place an extra influence on an adjacent square. If adjacent to an empty city square at the end of the game, it would place three (one + city bonus + holy legate bonus).

So... someone like an agent (I think they claim anything 1 away if I remember right) is sitting next to a city at the end of the game and he puts 2 influence chips in the city, right? He places one in the city and because it's a city he "places an extra one" in the city?

Court Noble places 1 influence on a square immediately as soon as he comes out. He could choose to place on some other space, or on a city. But no matter where he places it, he only gets 1 influence from the space he selected. He would never get a bonus influence in a city he has claimed this way.

Holy Legate. I haven't read his power yet, but I'll come back and ask if I have a question on him (sounds like I might).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're thinking of the Knight (#20), but yes that is how it would work.

And yes, that is correct for the Court Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.