Caesar & Cleopatra» Forums » Variants

Subject: Bag of cubes instead of Votes of confidence cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
This greatly increases the playability of the game.
Simply substitute the Vote of Confindence cards with wooden cubes in a bag.
5 have the colors of the patrons (brown, red, white, yellow, green), 2 have the colors black to indicate normal orgie cards, 1 is blue to indicate that all cubes should be returned to the bag.

This removes the fiddly shuffling of cards all the time and works a treat.!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's a good idea... but then you don't get to read the word 'orgy' all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
Hey, that's a good idea... but then you don't get to read the word 'orgy' all the time.

The constant card shuffle is a drawback found in a number of games. I have acquired a number of Crown Royal bags and assorted cubes for just this reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Cubes? But, but, but, without the cards I can't make my usual joke every time I play about it being time to Res-huffle (as the card actually says, since its splits the syllables in the wrong place).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abigail -

Unspecified
msg tools
mb
We use an 8 sided die. 6-8 represents an orgy, a number one of the factions. Doesn't give exactly the same frequency, but it's good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.