United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When viewing my personal collection, I see the versions of games I own. That's all well and good, but the names given are clunkier than I'd like (for instance, "Acquire (Avalon Hill (Hasbro) Edition 2008)" rather than "Acquire"). So I double click the place where the name is shown, and am given the list of alternate names to give it. I choose "Acquire", and it seems the new name is reflected. When I go back to the page, it still shows the name with the version attached. So I double click again, and just type in "Acquire" in the text field and press save. No dice.

Is there any way to permanently remove the version name from the title in a collection view, without removing version info?

Strangely, one of my name changes did stick. I renamed "Drakon (3rd Edition)" to "Drakon" (typing it) and it did permanently rename it for me. Not sure why that was the only one that worked, since I manually typed others as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a bug, unless it's an intentional design change aimed at merging Title and Version (Forum change requested.)

I picked the version for my Acquire and had the same experience. Initially the name is unchanged, but reloading puts the version name in the name column. Picking one of the official names did the same. Typing one of the official names did the same. Typing "Aquire 66" gave me "Acquire 66 (aka Acquire) (1966)"

Additional bug: the version information doesn't wrap in the popup box. Try it with Acquire. The version names are very long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens when you have both a version and a custom name. If you really care what shows, it's best not to do both, as the versions will intrude on the names.

If you remove the version from the version column, you can set the game title to whatever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
This happens when you have both a version and a custom name. If you really care what shows, it's best not to do both, as the versions will intrude on the names.

Not so. Just having a version puts the full version name in the Title column. Remember to reload the page after you add the version information. As I showed above, a non-standard custom name can remove the version information from the Title column, to an extent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.