M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I use Tornado in the Siege stage? I found myself fighting two enemies in a city and one of them turned out to be fortified. As far as I can tell from the rules, this means that the siege attacks I had planned (worth 15 points, whereas I only needed 12) would all fail since I couldn't target one of the two enemies.

So I used the Tornado card to kill off the unit with (double) fortification, and siege attacked the other unit to finish off the city (and the game: Blitz Cooperation).

My question is therefore: can one use Tornado (or any such combat artifact) at any point during combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, with the exceptions noted at the back of the rulebook. Unfortunately, Tornado is one of those exceptions.

However, you can siege attack the enemy that is only singly fortified, but it means that attack won't later be available in the attack phase to finish off the other opponent. So it's up to you how you do it. You can target both enemies at once, but if you do you have to wait until the attack phase. Or you can siege the one enemy, but then you might not have enough attack left to kill the other one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Yes, with the exceptions noted at the back of the rulebook. Unfortunately, Tornado is one of those exceptions.

However, you can siege attack the enemy that is only singly fortified, but it means that attack won't later be available in the attack phase to finish off the other opponent. So it's up to you how you do it. You can target both enemies at once, but if you do you have to wait until the attack phase. Or you can siege the one enemy, but then you might not have enough attack left to kill the other one.

Aaah, the errata, got it! Thanks.

As for the siege part, I thought I read somewhere that you have to target all the units you chose to deal with together (I took two and my son took two). I therefore thought I had to be able to siege attack all of them, but indeed siege attack states you can choose which enemies you want to target.

I just went back to check and it was no problem to finish the game this way either. The problem would've been blocking both enemies as I didn't have any blocking cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you choose to direct your attacks against all your enemies at once, they gain all resistances and fortifications that each other has. But you don't have to do that; you can instead attack each individually, the downside being that you may waste points of attack strength, as they don't "spill over."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for Tornado and Disintegrate, then basically you still need to block the attacks, and only after blocking or assigning damage you'd be able to wipe out the target, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mabouche wrote:
So for Tornado and Disintegrate, then basically you still need to block the attacks, and only after blocking or assigning damage you'd be able to wipe out the target, correct?

That's right. It's like a normal attack that does infinite damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Grady
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's like a normal attack that does infinite damage.

Except that it may have no effect on something with elemental resistance (as I discovered to my chagrin in my last game). They are "non-attack" effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven807 wrote:
Except that it may have no effect on something with elemental resistance (as I discovered to my chagrin in my last game). They are "non-attack" effects.

I think Tornado is white, which means nothing is immune to it. Disintegrate is red though (I think), so that one would be ineffective against fire resistant enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Tornado is totally badass because it's white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.