Subject: Next Game.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I havent bought a Boardgame since October....Im looking at Finca...Ticket to Ride Asia...Or another New game thats hot right now..Thanks for the help..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Puerto Rico or Agricola

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Agricola..I think Puerto Rico would be to hard to teach the family...Also looking at Flashpoint..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2017
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Finca and its a decent game, but based on the comments you've made about other games that you own... I'm not sure Finca is for you. It's a very simple rules set and feels pretty abstract. For me, it works great to play with my kids because they love the fruit and it is approachable for them.

Also, beware that Ticket to Ride Asia is an expansion map for Ticket to Ride, so you will need to own a base game in order to use the Asia map. You don't show as owning Ticket to Ride so perhaps you should get that (or TtR: Europe) first.

Based on the games you own already, I think some of these are worth a look...
-> Notre Dame
-> El Grande
-> Ra
-> Puerto Rico EDIT: based on your comment above about teaching the family, I've struck PR from the list... same may be true for Notre Dame or El Grande, but ND is definitely more accessible than PR

These are all probably a bit of a step up from what you own now (especially Puerto Rico), but they are all good games. Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do own Ticket to ride and the kids do like it..I just want to make sure its not another expansion thats so-so and sits around. Like Dominion..I bought all the expansions and we hardly ever play the game..Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Miller
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsburg, easy fun not overly long to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
Have Agricola..I think Puerto Rico would be to hard to teach the family...Also looking at Flashpoint..

King of Tokyo since you need it to be family-friendly.

Flash Point: Fire Rescue is an excellent cooperative for the family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at Flashpoint, that looks like a great game..Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Flash Point - looks to be really promising and I'm excited about it! Second place? Castles of Burgundy...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't say how old your kids are but I'll say we just got Finca and it's a lot of fun. No children here, but it's very easy to teach right out of the box. While rules and play are pretty simple, it's still has enough to it to hold our interest. Scales well, 2-4.

Another game that's even MORE interesting is Airlines Europe. It can be viewed as a gateway game but it is really great fun. Scales well, 2-5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids are 9 and 12....My 12 year old loves to play board games..not so much for my 9 year old...We have airlines europe and love it.great fun....Thanks for the suggestions..greatly appreaciated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to get your collection up to date so we don't keep giving you games you already have. Sounds, though, like we may have similar tastes so you might want to browse my collection. I have comments on all I've played.

I'm thinking your gang, even the 9 y.o., might like Ra: The Dice Game. It's simple, quick, addictive, set collection, lots of luck though you have to also make smart choices to win. It's the reigning favorite here.

We also like Pergamon which has the best integration of theme of the games I own. You're an archeologist digging for finds and then exhibiting them in a museum.

Or Yspahan which has lots of dice but used differently. Pretty simple, lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.