Subject: KSM card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing a game where, at the beginning of the US turn, there were two plots in Germany and two plots in India due to the Jihadist playing two martyrdom cards in a row for his last plays of the round.

The U.S. played KSM and removed all four plots. Just want to make sure we played this right since it seemed awfully powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you played that correctly since the card states "countries". It is indeed a powerful card in the hands of the US. I guess if the Jihadist was holding 2x Martydom, he should have played them in different Action Phases, especially knowing KSM was out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just the right amount of powerful, to counter nasty double Martyrdom combo like that

Also, after US play, KSM is gone for good, while Martyrdom can go back into the draw pile or pulled out of discard and reused...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
I think you played that correctly since the card states "countries". It is indeed a powerful card in the hands of the US. I guess if the Jihadist was holding 2x Martydom, he should have played them in different Action Phases, especially knowing KSM was out there.

Played my first game of this last night and that was exactly my situation except I had bombs in the USA. I'm assuming it can be used in the US as well?

Had I known that card even existed I would have played my decoys first and then played the real deal. As much as it sucked to lose my only WMD and the game, it felt very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, in the US as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured. While part of me likes the surprise of not knowing cards, I wish I had known that was possible. Oh well guess I'll just have to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.