Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had my first two player experience today and it was quite good. I can imagine playing with more players being much more intense.
It was a short game, as the helicopter task was finished quite early - after the first 2nd act encounter - due to some seriously lucky rolls. The thing won, as my wife thought that I just had put two human cards under two of the NPCs at the start of the game (I never drew any infection cards). Well, one was an actual infection ... I did not Thing Out, partly because I wanted to mislead and partly because I was unsure about the correct timing according to the rules.

Here are my questions:
The outpost player assigns NPCs to three tasks and the encounter. He plans to try task 1, then 2, then the encounter, then task 3.

In task 2 he has assigned a character which is infected.

When does the Thing player Thing Out if he chooses so? After assigning, which the rule text seems to imply, or after all tasks and encounters have been dealt with, which the phases order seems to imply?
I suspect the latter.

Second: the tasks say target value for success is 6+. Why more than 6? As the rules state that tasks can never be changed by dice-changing card play, rolling more than 6 is not possible on a d6. I fear I miss something here.

PS: after the game we watched the movie again. Not as superb as I thought when I saw it in 1982, but still a good horror movie with more than a handful of great scenes and camera work.

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When does the Thing player Thing Out if he chooses so?

I guess this is the heart of your question.

The Thing player activates a Thing-out in Phase #8, AFTER you have assigned and resolved all your tasks and encounter/event activities.

Quote:
Second: the tasks say target value for success is 6+. Why more than 6?

Future-proofing, old bean. Just in case I decided to add more Thing-action cards and whatnot some place down the line that did affect Tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
Yugblad wrote:

Future-proofing, old bean. Just in case I decided to add more Thing-action cards and whatnot some place down the line that did affect Tasks.

Noooooo! Please do not expand the game. All my cards are already sleeved and do fit perfectly in a wooden box, no space for more stuff ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Michel wrote:
Thank you.
Yugblad wrote:

Noooooo! Please do not expand the game. All my cards are already sleeved and do fit perfectly in a wooden box, no space for more stuff ...

I am loving this game and would be open to future expanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
Michel wrote:
Thank you.
Yugblad wrote:

I am loving this game and would be open to future expanding.

My new shiny version of the rules will be uploaded in the next few days. I've changed a couple of things - mostly it's clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.