Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter van der Pols
Netherlands
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've got a question:

Rules 7.2.3 states that 'Any country occupied by Coalition corps' is immune to French Diplomacy. Does this mean that France can't turn Russia in a neutral country with for instance the 'Napoleon I' card as long as there is at least one Coalition corp anywhere in Russia?

Or does 'occupy' in the game rules always refer to a neutral country?

Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have my rules with me at the moment, not do I care to look them up right now, but no. What this means is that if the Coalition is sitting in Moscow, you cannot then turn them to a French Ally, (as the coalition has already fulfilled the terms that would cause a Russian surrender).

So I think you are missing something, though I can't recall what at the moment. You can certainly turn a Coalition Russia neutral when there are Russian corps in Russia. At that point, the Russian corps go away. So unless Austrian/British/Prussian corps are in moscow you could then turn Russia to the French side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
krultan wrote:
Hi,

I've got a question:

Rules 7.2.3 states that 'Any country occupied by Coalition corps' is immune to French Diplomacy. Does this mean that France can't turn Russia in a neutral country with for instance the 'Napoleon I' card as long as there is at least one Coalition corp anywhere in Russia?

Or does 'occupy' in the game rules always refer to a neutral country?

Peter.

A country is deemed occupied if it were forced to surrender and the side that forced it to surrender maintains at least one corps in the country's capital region (major country) or its only region (minor country). In such an instance, the other side cannot use diplomacy to change the alignment of the country in question (which is neutral, in the case of a major country, or aligned with the occupying side, in the case of a minor country).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there errata that says that the Russian and Austrian specific diplomacy cards are allowed to be used even in occupied neutral countries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Donovan
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:
Is there errata that says that the Russian and Austrian specific diplomacy cards are allowed to be used even in occupied neutral countries?

7.2.2 Countries Immune to Coalition Diplomacy
• France
• Any French dominion
• Any neutral country occupied by French-controlled corps,
except that Metternich and Alexander I can still be played
to turn Österreich and Russia, respectively, into Coalition
members.

Print that v2.0 rulebook out ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
The funny thing is I have to keep asking you what happens since I read the first edition rules and then sat down to play and got 2nd edition game.

Well, that and your blessed luck seems to not extend to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.