6 Posts

1830: Railways & Robber Barons» Forums » General

Subject: Computer game keeps asking for words out of manual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave

Tallahassee
msg tools
Running with DOSBOX, it will keep doing that every time I do something.
How do I get it to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it never stopped asking but I just hit 'enter' to skip through. Also, ramp up the speed of dosbox and you can get through a game in an hour, easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using the version from Abandonia, then just hit return, it goes away after a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a pdf of the manual available from Abandonia, in case your binary hasn't been patched. If it doesn't accent ENTER for an answer, you can get the correct answers from the pdf, and it will eventually stop asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
For me it worked a bit differently. Hitting return did not bypass the manual verification - it just threw you out of the game. Typing in the correct word from the manual made the prompts go away. Then after installing the game on a Windows 7 machine where I had to run the game in DOSBox, it just wouldn't stop asking. I compared the config files of the two installs and noticed the verification flag wasn't getting set in the DOSBox one (even though other things like settings and high scores were getting saved properly). I changed it myself and the prompts went away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Mine quit asking after I applied the 1.4 patch. You can get it at The Patches Scrolls. www.patches-scrolls.de/. It also fixes a few minor things. Actually The Patches Scrolls directs you to GameFront where you download it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.