Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the Save the Structure scenario and for setup you place no POI, no Hazmats but you do place a lot of Hot Spots that cause flare-ups. I was wondering if you would just roll 18 times to place 18 Hot Spots or do you also place some fire or smoke on these places?
I chose to not place any fire or smoke because it's not specifically mentioned in the rulebook. I won the scenario fairly easy, but maybe I was playing it wrong. I hope someone knows the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r56ygf wrote:
I chose to not place any fire or smoke because it's not specifically mentioned in the rulebook.

There's your answer. In general, if a rulebook doesn't say to do something, it's not because you're supposed to make something up.

Quote:
I won the scenario fairly easy, but maybe I was playing it wrong.

I'm not too surprised. Being able to focus exclusively on firefighting should make up for the extra hotspots, I would think.

All those hotspots are going to make things very chancy when it comes to avoiding knockdowns, though. That is one unforgiving failure condition. I'd at least start with the Driver/Operator, to minimize personal risk while getting the fire under control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I just wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually you are supposed to do the entire set up routine, but make the changes noted - so you would place the initial fires and damage markers - just place 18 total hot spots to start the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
Actually you are supposed to do the entire set up routine, but make the changes noted - so you would place the initial fires and damage markers - just place 18 total hot spots to start the game.

Thanks for catching that. I seem to have completely misunderstood the initial question. For some reason, I thought it was asking if you placed additional fire or just additional hotspots, not whether you placed fire at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:

So just to clarify, you put initial fires and damage markers but NOT intial hotspots, then you add 18/24 of them so the board has exactly that many at game start, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.