Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Games-004VLY-Titan/dp/142761649... has Titan for $18.44 total.

While the game receives favorable reviews, I know there are issues with the Valley Games Edition components. Apparently, Valley Games shipped many of these games without shrink wrap... and you can image what happens when cardboard is transported/stored in warehouses with no protection. Personally, I got a copy that was unplayable.

Hopefully these copies been somewhere without much humidity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the heads up! I bought it. I played the 1982 version and am glad to get this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wow, that was a fantastic deal. It's already dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BagelManB wrote:

Yeah, when I checked it out there was one left. I got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eldergias wrote:
BagelManB wrote:

Well congratulations to you! It is, IMO, the greatest game ever created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BagelManB wrote:
eldergias wrote:
BagelManB wrote:

Thanks! Though I will say, unless they have changed it, when I read the 1982 version's rules, they were the longest rules I have ever seen. It took 4 hours just to read the rules and understand them. Very complex game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eldergias wrote:
BagelManB wrote:
eldergias wrote:
BagelManB wrote:

Thanks! Though I will say, unless they have changed it, when I read the 1982 version's rules, they were the longest rules I have ever seen. It took 4 hours just to read the rules and understand them. Very complex game.

POOP. They cancelled my order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCartney
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eldergias wrote:

POOP. They cancelled my order!

Follow up with Amazon customer service on this. A bit of work will likely net you some nice benefits. As I understand it, after their touchpad debacle they've been monitoring vendors that cancel orders much more closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can't do that on Amazon - complain. Either they fulfill the order or get booted from the Amazon Market. It seems it was one copy they mispriced, so they should eat the cost and not just cancel your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necromancyr wrote:
They can't do that on Amazon - complain. Either they fulfill the order or get booted from the Amazon Market. It seems it was one copy they mispriced, so they should eat the cost and not just cancel your order.

Even if the stated reason is "the item(s) you purchased were out of stock"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened to me once. The seller had sold the item through some "other channel."

In my case, it was not a big deal. If they had sold the last copy of Titan under me, I would have been ready to sell my soul to Don Corleone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCartney
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the seller's responsibility to manage inventory appropriately. If they weren't able to fulfill the order (having basically committed stock before the purchase), then they shouldn't have listed it. By not maintaining accurate inventory they potentially:

1) Lowered your customer satisfaction in dealing with vendors on Amazon
2) Prevented another supplier from being able to fulfill your order and making a profit
3) Prevented you from buying the item at all, costing Amazon money

Not sure if you're familiar with the HP Touchpad debacle that occurred on Amazon with a few vendors, but tactics such as listing inventory they couldn't fulfill cost more than one vendor their ability to sell on Amazon in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tribalsoul wrote:
It is the seller's responsibility to manage inventory appropriately. If they weren't able to fulfill the order (having basically committed stock before the purchase), then they shouldn't have listed it. By not maintaining accurate inventory they potentially:

2) Prevented another supplier from being able to fulfill your order and making a profit

Not sure if you're familiar with the HP Touchpad debacle that occurred on Amazon with a few vendors, but tactics such as listing inventory they couldn't fulfill cost more than one vendor their ability to sell on Amazon in the future.

Didn't hear about the HP Touchpad incident. When the order shows up on my order list I will leave negative feedback. Otherwise, I don't think there is anything else I can do. I contacted Amazon and let them know I was not pleased, but their response we just "Sorry, sellers cancel things sometimes, though we do make sure they don't do it too much. Leave negative feedback if you want." Considering that this seller has stellar feedback, perhaps when I leave negative feedback they will be willing to honor the sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eldergias wrote:
tribalsoul wrote:

Didn't hear about the HP Touchpad incident. When the order shows up on my order list I will leave negative feedback. Otherwise, I don't think there is anything else I can do. I contacted Amazon and let them know I was not pleased, but their response we just "Sorry, sellers cancel things sometimes, though we do make sure they don't do it too much. Leave negative feedback if you want." Considering that this seller has stellar feedback, perhaps when I leave negative feedback they will be willing to honor the sale.

If you really want the item, then it's too late if you have already left feedback. Contact the seller directly and tell them what you are planning, and see what they say at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renzoni
United States
WEST HAVEN
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I complained to Amazon, maybe some good will come of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur wrote:

If you really want the item, then it's too late if you have already left feedback. Contact the seller directly and tell them what you are planning, and see what they say at that point.

Brilliant! I did just that. Great idea. I told him I was planning on leaving negative feedback and why. We will see what he says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And are you really planning on leaving negative feedback? It could have been a hot deal, late-end dumping of 2011 inventory, or whatever, but you had to know there was some chance it was big misprice. Canceling an order didn't cost you much time or any money, but you're willing to tarnish the seller's reputation because they won't sell you a $70 game for $9.95? FYI: I have no relationship with the seller. Anyway, I hope they're willing to work with you. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes he should get the game for the posted price - misprint or not, any other store would honor an incorrect price until a corrected posting was published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i doubt this was a misprice. pretty sure this is thirdish time over last year this deal has been posted with very similiar price. and yes components were bad as OP suggested but sellers made right.

however online retailers including those at amazon, cancel orders due to price mistakes not so infrequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.