Subject: E082: Important Place rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the process of recording my second play session but appear to have come to a bit of an impasse, and would appreciate a clarification on the matter. Below is the way I played it:

On turn 1 I decided to Explore and rolled 12, which led me to E082. From there I rolled a 6, which means I've discovered the Enemy still there at the base. I add +1 DM as normal, and since the Enemy has yet to be revealed the Enemy event becomes a roll to see what enemy it is, which in this case was Dr. Lazarus. Normally, if I've interpreted the rules correctly, the initial reveal of the Enemy usually doesn't go both ways (i.e. the Enemy is unaware of you), but the wording in E082 states that the Enemy is still there, which led me to treat it as a regular Enemy encounter rather than simply revealing who the Enemy was.

This leads me to the impasse I alluded to earlier; I rolled double sixes on the Explore roll, which means that The Doctor and Susan should be separated, but how can they possibly be separated when they've been confronted by Lazarus together?

I used Talk to try and bluff Lazarus and it succeeded, leading me to gain +1 DM. The only way the separation needed by rolling the doubles would work would be if The Doctor and Susan escaped after the bluff, but the description on Lazarus' Enemy card is a bit vague in this regard. This session has been incredibly uneventful and just seems to feel a bit wrong, which makes me wonder if I've made any errors in the play order or rules.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has some clarification for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're doing evrything right.

Here there IS an Enemy encounter - you've found Lazarus in his lab or whatever.

The separation comes AFTER the Explore event so when (or only if) the Enemy encounter is resolved, do they separate - escaping the lab they have to go different ways etc.

If the encounter had them locked up for example, they couldn't separate so it becomes moot.

again, just use intuition and storytelling to make the events flow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, glad that's posted... I totally would have had them split before the event lookup.

In my head, they begin to explore, and the Doctor turns to Rose and says, "You better stay here while I step in." He steps in, takes the second door down the hall and finds the Enemy Hideout, while Rose, outside says, "Heck with this, I'm going in," She goes in and takes the first door and finds... a character? or whatever she rolls for...

I guess it makes just as much sense that they split up AFTER the event plays out... So if they meet someone, they split after meeting them...? A location, they both go in, then decide to split up... ?

I think I've got it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.