Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Alien Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cycling Alien tech cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has come up twice recently.

Is there any reason you can't take an alien tech card, see what has replaced the card you took and then cycle the cards to ensure no one else gets that card?

-VK
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the dice to put in there again after taking a card than I would think you certainly could cycle them afterwards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ozjesting wrote:
If you have the dice to put in there again after taking a card than I would think you certainly could cycle them afterwards.



Yes, I know that would work. However you are allowed to cycle cards and then use the same dice to count towards your 8 to take a card. So does this work the other way too? I took a card, then I use those same dice to cycle the cards?

-VK
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pierce
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VaporKnight wrote:
ozjesting wrote:
If you have the dice to put in there again after taking a card than I would think you certainly could cycle them afterwards.



Yes, I know that would work. However you are allowed to cycle cards and then use the same dice to count towards your 8 to take a card. So does this work the other way too? I took a card, then I use those same dice to cycle the cards?

-VK

According to the rule book, once you take a card, "the count is reset to zero", and although it is not specifically spelled out, I would interpret that to mean you would then need to play another ship to cycle again. The examples provided would seem to support that interpretation: You can cycle each time you place a ship, but you do so before you claim a card, not after.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cjp0605 wrote:
VaporKnight wrote:
ozjesting wrote:
If you have the dice to put in there again after taking a card than I would think you certainly could cycle them afterwards.



Yes, I know that would work. However you are allowed to cycle cards and then use the same dice to count towards your 8 to take a card. So does this work the other way too? I took a card, then I use those same dice to cycle the cards?

-VK

According to the rule book, once you take a card, "the count is reset to zero", and although it is not specifically spelled out, I would interpret that to mean you would then need to play another ship to cycle again. The examples provided would seem to support that interpretation: You can cycle each time you place a ship, but you do so before you claim a card, not after.

Chris is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.