Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Flash Duel: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deathstrike Dragon's Deep Breath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
When Deathstrike Dragon uses Deep Breath, can he add additional cards from his hand to pump up the attack?

Also, when playing against the Dragon bot, does he still draw a card on his turn when he plays Deep Breath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
He can't power up the Deep Breath with pairs.

The bot starts the turn by drawing a card, so the card is already drawn by the time the Deep Breath happens. In other words yes he draws a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I have another question about the Deep Breath of the Dragon.
It says: Instead of a regular action the Dragon attacks with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in a single attack.

Now, imagine his target is three spaces away and the Dragon normally would only hit with a 3. Does the Deep Breath mean that the victim needs to defend with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? Or does the victim only need to defend against the 3 of the Deep Breath, while the 1, 2, 4 and 5 don't have any effect?

And now: If the victim has to defend with 1 through 5, how would it be possible to defeat the Dragon in the solo game???

Thank you, all the best.

Mad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you are 3 away, you'd have to use a 3 to block. If your teammate is 5 away, he'd have to use a 5 to block. You don't have to block on the spaces where your guy isn't standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thank you so much! I thought something like that. So - in a sense - the Deep Breath is an area effect, and the block happens to take place on each individual space with the individual score.
Now I know, why I lost my first solo game ... Hahaha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remigiusz Bajor
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo game: If i'm 3 away from the dragon and he draws 4 (and has 2x 3s on his hand) does he attack me with 2x 3s or with the Deep breath?

Same question with 1x 3 in dragon hand. What is first: deep breath or the normal attack? Does it depends on how strong the attack could be or it doesn't matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ján Hric
Slovakia
flag msg tools
The rules say that Deep Breath MUST be used "whenever an opponent is in range" so it has priority over regular attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ján Hric
Slovakia
flag msg tools
My question on Deep Breath:
If the dragon attacks multiple opponents this way, can one of the attacked players help another player with a dashing block?
If so, can he do it even if he can't block his own attack (and thus must take a hit)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin langton
United States
California
flag msg tools
According to this thread, no. You’re too busy getting hit by fire to run around and block the fire on a different space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ján Hric
Slovakia
flag msg tools
That's what I thought. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.