Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

An interesting scenario presented itself this evening during WotR play with my 13-year old. He left the Fellowship pretty stationary this evening, slowly advancing them 3 spaces from their original position in Rivendell. They remained hidden the entire game, so the Fellowship token remained in Rivendell.

Near the end of the game, I moved an army up from Isengard to invade Rivendell. After a brief siege, I took Rivendell.

What happens to the Fellowship at this point? Do they remain hidden? Do we leave them in Rivendell? Or do they become revealed and have to move?

Thanks for your help! The forum has been very helpful in gaining a stronger understanding of the ebb and flow of the game. It's moved to the top of my stack as one of my favorite games. sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fellowship is unaffected.

If they move again any Shadow Army units in the same Region as the Ring-bearer figure grants the Shadow one Hunt re-roll and any Nazgul in the same Region as the Ring-bearer figure grants the Shadow one Hunt re-roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much! That makes sense; I was misinterpreting a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominico Mucci
msg tools
Would the captured stronghold also give them a reroll? Or does it not count as it originally belonged to the free peoples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: Fellowship action in Rivendell when it is taken over
Dominico77 wrote:
Would the captured stronghold also give them a reroll? Or does it not count as it originally belonged to the free peoples?

From the Second Edition rules (page 41):

"If, during the Hunt, the Ring-bearers are in a region that
contains one or more of the following:
— A Stronghold controlled by the Shadow player
— One or more Shadow Army units
— One or more Nazgûl"

It says Stronghold controlled by the Shadow player so a captured FP Stronghld would add one re-roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominico Mucci
msg tools
Thought so you just didnt mention it in the last post you made. Thanks for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay P

Alexandria
Virginia
msg tools
Note the bad stuff happens if the Fellowship attempts to "move". If the movement track is on 3, it is probably better to wait until the next Fellowship phase and "declare" the Fellowship....get it away from the triple threat.

Even better, declare before the stronghold falls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.