No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dear friends..

i believe this is because of me applying my own logic and not reading the rules more carefully.. this is what happens on my games so far (until im browsing the rulebook and found out im playing wrong)

i have been playing the attack and hit calculation like this :

if i roll an attack (dice roll + additional modifier) either for my attack and for monster's attack, if the attack number the same or lower than the AC of victim then the attack failed. a HIT happen olny if the Attack Number is HIGHER than the AC.

because i felt in my mind that armor (AC) can block attack UP TO the AC number..

anyone else playing like me ? Am i wrong playing like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nope.. if it equals the AC it's a hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:

Quote:
If the result of the die roll plus the bonus is equal to or greater
than the target’s Armor Class, the attack hits.

So attacker wins ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah well.. im doing it the wrong way i guess.. do you all think i upset the gameplay too much because of this mistake? since i apply both mistake to hero attack and monster attack , so it should be balanced in the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
ah well.. im doing it the wrong way i guess.. do you all think i upset the gameplay too much because of this mistake? since i apply both mistake to hero attack and monster attack , so it should be balanced in the end?

On average, your house rule should result in one less successful attack out of 20 attempts. I don't think you'll feel any difference - especially since attacks on monsters and heroes are roughly of equal amounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
dprijadi wrote:

On average, your house rule should result in one less successful attack out of 20 attempts. I don't think you'll feel any difference - especially since attacks on monsters and heroes are roughly of equal amounts.

thanks zwerg. now i feel better i dont ruin the game too much by my mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.