Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob D
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my first couple plays on this game today and we had a little confusion about the term "acquire" as it relates to getting cards from the void. When a card says you can acquire a card from the void as if it were from the center row does this mean you can the card for free or do you still have to be able to pay the cost in runes to pay for it...or have the power in the case of monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Pay the cost.

But the new promo Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Vortex Promo also says 'acquire' (or defeat), but has no cost, correct? Otherwise, it's not really giving you anything since you can already acquire or defeat any card in the center row?

My hunch is that if a card says 'as if it were in the center row', you still have to pay the cost to acquire/defeat the card. But if it just says 'Acquire or Defeat', then the cost is zero. Yes/no/maybe? Adayu is kind of half and half, since it says 'acquire or defeat', then has a comment about zero cost in parentheses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turgid wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
Pay the cost.

But the new promo Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – Vortex Promo also says 'acquire' (or defeat), but has no cost, correct? Otherwise, it's not really giving you anything since you can already acquire or defeat any card in the center row?

My hunch is that if a card says 'as if it were in the center row', you still have to pay the cost to acquire/defeat the card. But if it just says 'Acquire or Defeat', then the cost is zero. Yes/no/maybe? Adayu is kind of half and half, since it says 'acquire or defeat', then has a comment about zero cost in parentheses.
I'm inclined to agree with "pay the cost". Probably something that could've been worded better like Runic Lycanthorpe, but it turns out people got the jist of it, even though it may have been a slight head scratcher at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.