5 Posts

Thunderstone: Heart of Doom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does grognard works with all the traps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
For example: I've defeated a monster, refilled and ROLLING BOULDER is revealled. I have Grognar in hand. So can I chose a player who must destroy 3 more heroes?

Regards

Waldemar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
My vote is yes. Refilling the hall (and resolving trap effects) happens during the active player's turn (the player who battled the monster and caused the hall to be refilled), and before the active player discards their hand and draws 6 more. So if you have any cards that protect you traps, I would expect them to activate when the traps are revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
Thx for reply; this can develop sad situations.

If my daughter would have to destroy 6 heroes .....end of game; if she forces me to do the same will be a lot of laugh from her!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since Rolling Boulder goes around the table randomly destroying heroes in everyone's deck, until 3 heroes are destroyed, then I see three possibilities:

Instead of starting with the player to the left of the Active Player, the Active Player may choose one to start

OR

if you triggered the trap, you can choose an opponent to reveal a card from their deck every time it's your turn to do so.

OR

Grognard simply doesn't work because the trap doesn't target a specific player.

3 heroes, not 6, would be destroyed in any case. Rolling Boulder, as written, destroys three heroes total, not three heroes each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools

3 heroes, not 6, would be destroyed in any case. Rolling Boulder, as written, destroys three heroes total, not three heroes each.[/q]

Jesus I have played it all wrong, hx for that post!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.