Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Holidays everyone! ROBA is meeting next Saturday, December 31. Yes, that's New Year's Eve.

We'll start at 1:00 pm, as usual. So that everyone can attend other holiday events, ROBA will end at 6:00 pm.

ROBA is the Rochester/Oakland Boardgamers Association. We meet once a month, on the last Saturday of each month, to play board games. You are encouraged to bring your family and friends. There is no admission charge.

ROBA meets at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in the Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills area. St. Luke's on the north side of Walton, east of Squirrel Road, just minutes from I-75 and across the street from Oakland University. The address is:

St. Luke's United Methodist Church
3980 Walton Blvd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48309

If you need directions, visit this link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=3980+Walton+Blvd,+Roche...

Our website is http://roba.groupsite.com

ROBA will be providing snacks and soft drinks at a nominal cost. There is also a trade table where you can sell or trade your games.

We look forward to seeing you next Saturday. Please sign in at the front registration table so we can keep an accurate count of attendance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there.

I hope to see some of the folks I met at Wintercon there as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was tons of fun!

I played Star Trek: Fleet Captainsfor the first time. What a treat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I am looking for a copy right now (Chris). No luck with the couple of game stores around here.. probably have to Amazorder it.

Did find a copy of Frag though! Will probably bring it for next month's run.

Great meeting you and your son! Matt too! :^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Allen
United States
Madison Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Yes, I am looking for a copy right now (Chris). No luck with the couple of game stores around here.. probably have to Amazorder it.

I would highly recommend ordering from Boards and Bits. They have great customer service and it usually only takes a day or two to get the package since it ships from Toledo.

I've even stopped into their warehouse before, Rick is a super-awesome guy! I would call or email before you stop in to make sure it's cool.

http://www.boardsandbits.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for that! My only other option is really Amazon. I'll check B&B out!

-edit-

Placed my order with them.. $2 shipping and you are right.. Toledo is a day away shipping-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Hey! There you are! Nice meeting you btw, I had a blast and look forward to playing more games with you in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Absolutely! bluecyclo and I are tentatively planning this Saturday for a get together for some gaming; you have an open invite for Saturday if you and whoever you wish to bring want to stop by here for some gaming! I need to put some miles on my copy of 7 Wonders now that I know how to play it :^D

allenj82: Tom sends you a big thanks for sending me his way!

Oliphant wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Hey! There you are! Nice meeting you btw, I had a blast and look forward to playing more games with you in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year everyone! ROBA is meeting next Saturday, January 28.

ROBA is the Rochester/Oakland Boardgamers Association. We meet once a month, on the last Saturday of each month, to play board games. You are encouraged to bring your family and friends. There is no admission charge.

ROBA meets at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in the Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills area. St. Luke's on the north side of Walton, east of Squirrel Road, just minutes from I-75 and across the street from Oakland University. The address is:

3980 Walton Blvd.

ROBA will again be providing snacks and soft drinks at a nominal cost. There is also a trade table where you can sell or trade your games.

We look forward to seeing you next Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
Unfortunately I was only able to stay for one game of Steam. I had fun and am looking forward to coming back next month. Thanks for being so welcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was nice to meet you and your son, Jeremiah. Thank you for joining us yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrgh! For some reason I thought ROBA was the third Saturday of the month, which would clash with Great Oak in Ann Arbor. But then I come across this thread, and see it's the 4th Saturday, and of course I had an open Saturday this past weekend.

I'm going to have to make it one of these days and game with you players who I've only seen at Michicon and Wintercon. I've subscribed to this thread to remain aware of future meetings and changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Arrgh! For some reason I thought ROBA was the third Saturday of the month, which would clash with Great Oak in Ann Arbor. But then I come across this thread, and see it's the 4th Saturday, and of course I had an open Saturday this past weekend.

I'm going to have to make it one of these days and game with you players who I've only seen at Michicon and Wintercon. I've subscribed to this thread to remain aware of future meetings and changes.

we may have to take a mini road trip eh
ive thought about going out there
but havent gotten the chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaboy wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

That would have been great this past Saturday, than I wouldn't have been stuck helping my wife with report cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Skaboy wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

That would have been great this past Saturday, than I wouldn't have been stuck helping my wife with report cards.

haha
or we could have boogies over to brighton sounds like they had a blast to
er back to the regular scheduled post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Skaboy wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

I just flat out forgot and chilled out at home all day. I needed it though.. got some homework done and rested up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I found this! I will try and make it Feb 25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ROBA is meeting on Saturday, February 25.

ROBA is the Rochester/Oakland Boardgamers Association. We meet once a month, on the last Saturday of each month, to play board games. You are encouraged to bring your family and friends. There is no admission charge and all game rules are taught.

3980 Walton Blvd.

ROBA will again be providing snacks and soft drinks at a nominal cost. There is also a trade table where you can sell or trade your games.

We look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bill and I are were thinking about getting a game of Founding Fathers going.

Anyone else up for that? Though we'd also be interested in another gentleman's promo of 1812:Invasion of Canada I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on being there with at least Road to Canterbury, Great Fire of London and 1812: Invasion of canada. I was also going to bring a number of games fro the flea market; anyone intrested in any of the games I have, check my trade list out and contact me if you want something held.

Gary, I also hope to bring a couple things for the for prize drawing, compliments of MDG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be interested in playing 1812; my friend would too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Eastwood
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
I'd be interested in playing 1812; my friend would too.

Hey, I think that's me. I also have a copy of 1812 that I was planning to bring. I still will just in case more than 5 people want to play at the same time.

For anyone interested I have a copy of Dominion and A Game of Thrones: the living card game (with a few expansion packs) that I am happy to trade or sell. If interested, please contact me via my geekmail or talk to me on Saturday. I'll be the one with the red socks playing Founding Fathers and 1812 (yes--at the same time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a lot of games for sale/trade; check my BGG page and let me know if interested. If you go to the trade function, it will show the condition of the games (most are unpunched) and feel free to ask me questions. I can bring anything requested this Saturday.

Game-playing wise, just got an order in; might try to bring Blockade Runner to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just joined the groupsite. Very excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean you're bringing Fleet to the next meetup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.