Subject: REPOST: new player question: between missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesca Campofredano
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this 10 days ago but got no answer...just retrying. I hope it is not a silly question, or it is so badly written in English that nobody really understood what was it about...
-----------------------------

Hi,

11.3 describes how to proceeds between missions...I am not sure I understood it completely. I have the following doubt (and looking past posts has not helped me a lot):

a) assume I have 2 step veteran squad at the end of the missions and some LATs, is it correct to proceeds as follows?

step 1)...

step 2) I add one LAT (green) to the squad (this is not reconstitute squad but rather supplement squad) which, by 10.6, becomes a line 3 step squad;

step 3) promote 2 step to veteran (6XP) and I get 2vet+1ine -> a vet 3 step squad.

step 4)...

is this correct? are there other options?

b) what do I do with extra replacement...basically If I have less then 6 casualty, what do I do with the extra steps?

thanks in advance

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lopresti wrote:
I asked this 10 days ago but got no answer...just retrying. I hope it is not a silly question, or it is so badly written in English that nobody really understood what was it about...
-----------------------------

Hi,

11.3 describes how to proceeds between missions...I am not sure I understood it completely. I have the following doubt (and looking past posts has not helped me a lot):

a) assume I have 2 step veteran squad at the end of the missions and some LATs, is it correct to proceeds as follows?

step 1)...

step 2) I add one LAT (green) to the squad (this is not reconstitute squad but rather supplement squad) which, by 10.6, becomes a line 3 step squad;

step 3) promote 2 step to veteran (6XP) and I get 2vet+1ine -> a vet 3 step squad.

step 4)...

is this correct? are there other options?

b) what do I do with extra replacement...basically If I have less then 6 casualty, what do I do with the extra steps?

thanks in advance

Francesco

The options are correct, with extra replacements they are lost if you did not have that many casualties. With experience allocation between missions there are so many ways to handle it across the company, I recommend a balance of promoting leaders and weapons teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lopresti wrote:

Correct.

lopresti wrote:

2 Vet + 1 line = 3 step Vet squad. So this is correct

lopresti wrote:

I believe unused replacement steps are lost as there is no place to put them.

-Phil

Edit: pwned! At least my answers agree with the Designer's so thats a good thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesca Campofredano
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

good to know I got it....;-)

now I can move to mission 3...which raise a question:

do I get 10 turns overall, or do I get 10 turn per platoon patrol mission?

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each patrol gets 10 turns

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.