Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple of maps I'm working on. The first is version 1.2 of The Haunted House. The second is the first version for something I'm calling Nest Egg in which I'm trying to make better use of the Cthonians.

The Haunted House

Nest Egg

The ladders markers on Nest Egg are just place holders for Stair Transition Markers (uploaded and waiting for approval) which both maps make use of. I really don't like how maps with multiple floors are laid out all on the same level, so the stairs markers allow you to make a separate map for each floor (NB: As with ladders, you can trace line of sight from one space connected by a stairs marker to the other, as with ladders, unless there is an intervening door. The maps also make use of the door tokens I created (also available in the files section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the numbers for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
What are the numbers for?

The numbers on the Nest Egg map are my first attempt at a way to randomly determine a location in the house (numbers along the bottom to determine which floor, the numbers on the rooms to determine the room on that floor). This is for a cthonian that is not under Keeper control (at least initially).

Another thing I didn't like in the game is how the cthonians moved. In an attempt to have them move more realistically, the cthonian tunnels up through the floor into a room, does whatever it is doing ("Cup of tea and a slice of cake Aunt Sally?") then descends back into its burrow. This causes damage to the building (placing rubble markers which restrict movement). If they 'attack' a room on an upper floor they smash thru all the rooms on the floors below (which means they can also be attacked from multiple locations). Having the numbers and the floors aligned as they are helps to determine which room(s) it passes through if this happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Nyogtha wrote:
("Cup of tea and s slice of cake Aunt Sally?")

Excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.