Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've run into this scenario a few times - our intrepid heroes are at an adventure with a villain and draw the "Agents of Evil" card which adds a "Random Villain to the Adventure" or "Nazi Commander" enemy which adds a "Random Nazi Villain to the Adventure". A two part question:

1. Are the villains actually added to the Adventure (resulting in the potential of multiple Sneak and Fight rounds if the heroes elect to press-on)*, and

*note that the rules for deploying Villains restrict deployment to only those artifacts that do not currently have a Villain at the location (pg 24)

2. Is it correct that "Adventure" refers solely to the "Artifact Adventure" and not the overall game - as such after the Artifact Adventure is complete (heroes or villains secure the artifact or the temple is destroyed), the "Random Villain" added via these cards is removed from the game? I've seen this discussed in a few other threads, but would appreciate any furhter confirmation. We've been adding them to the Game and it has made for some very challenging sessions.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only ever have one villain at an artifact site, if a 2nd villain is called for, you use the already present villain instead (pg20 in rulebook)

The villain is added to the adventure and is removed from the board when the artifact adventure is resolved/recovered/collapsed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thank you! Each time I think I have all the rules straight, turns out I missed something. In a way I guess this enables the heroes to sneak in another fight round against the current villain and makes the game a bit easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.