United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to sort my collection by the years the games were released? I had created a filtered list of my favorite games from may collection (ratings 8-10) and was curious about how many of them were old favorites (from the SPI, Yaquinto, Avalon Hill days) and how many were newer. I can get a pretty good idea just from visually scanning the list, but it would be nice to sort them by first publication date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
if you go to "my geek" & select the tab "stats"
& then select "games by year".

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
mplatov1812 wrote:
if you go to "my geek" & select the tab "stats"
& then select "games by year".

Matt

Thanks, but how do I then filter that list so it only shows my games that are rated between 8 and 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think at that point you may want to download your collection as a .csv file and have at it with a spreadsheet. Look for "Download board games: (all | owned)" top right in the collection list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
I think at that point you may want to download your collection as a .csv file and have at it with a spreadsheet. Look for "Download board games: (all | owned)" top right in the collection list.

Good advice, but if you own > 3000 games, it won't work soblue
Collection Download problems

Edit: Geeklink troubles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Good advice, but if you own > 3000 games, it won't work soblue

Filtered by Owned and rated 8-10, it's only 146 games. Pity that the .csv download doesn't download just that. Hm...

The OP might find the filtered view concise enough to serve his purpose without sorting. You can text copy the filtered view into Word or Excel, but it's probably going to take some serious massaging before you can do the sort.

We'll hope the new version of BGG will do better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.