Subject: **SPOILERS** Do Not Open. Ever. Survey. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
SPOILER ALERT. Thar be spoilers here!

Seriously, don't read this topic if you dont want to know about the Do Not Open. Ever. pack.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Alright, so now that I've open my pack, have read the forums, and have compared what I opened to a buddy of mine, I know for a fact there are at least three versions of these cards. I encourage everyone who has broken the rules and paid the price to describe what you got below.

Mine:
My cards are labelled H147-H153. They have a normal event card back, but they have no artwork on the business side of the card. That was in stark contrast to my buddy's who did have finished cards. As you'll see below, I don't think mine is that bad.

My War Continues card states: This new Earth was made, not born, and the scientists worked hard to stabilize its orbit. And now you've gone and messed it up. Nice work. Was the "Do Not Open. Ever." sign to subtle? Take the enclosed event cards and shuffle them into (or) create the event deck right now. Now you have to deal with an unstable orbit and all the climate issues that result.

There are six cards that each provide a lingering effect when they appear, only to be replaced when another like event pops up. They are named Age of Ice, Endless Storms, Blistering Heat, Famine, Eternal Darkness, and Endless Rains. They do things like cause a -2 continent bonus to all continents in one hemisphere (North or South), limit the number of attackers across sea lines to 2 at a time, require a country to conquer 3 countries to draw a resource card also negating all other drawing powers, subract one from resource total when cashing in for troops, and only allowing adjacent countries for troop manuevers. The game winner has the option of destroying three of these cards as his reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth# 4434 is the same as the one you mentioned.
Age of Ice: All three continent bonuses in the Northern Hemisphere are lowered by 2.
Endless Storms: Attackers can only send a maximum of two troops into battle across sea-lines.
Blistering Heat: All three continent bonuses in the Southern Hemisphere are lowered by 2, to a minimum of 0.
Famine: Players must conquer 3 territories to draw a resource card at the end of their turn, regardless of powers.
Eternal Darkness: Subtract 1 from your resource total when turning in cards for troops.
Endless Rains: Players can only maneuver troops into an adjacent territory.
I like that one. It's fun.

Earth#3495 is a bit different:
Curses. These are numbered I154-I160.
I154: The warning was very clear. There are powers that man cannot understand and you have just angered them. Each person here at the opening of this pack feels a brief pain and then nothing but the memory of failing.

Inside this pack are 5 identical curse event cards. Each person who is here now has to put his name onto the front of one of the cards.

I155: Any extra cards (if there are fewer than 5 people here now) are immediately DESTROYED. If there are more than 5 people present, roll to see who will become cursed (re-roll ties if needed).

I156-I160: _________ is CURSED
The cursed player may DISCARD 1 red star token to immediately DESTROY this card. If not, place this card in front of him. DISCARD it if the cursed player isn't playing.

Next turn, you only use territory count to recruit troops. Population, continent bonuses, and powers aren't added. you can't turn in resource cards for troops.

If not DSTROYED, DISCARD this card after your next turn.
Not as much fun, but okay. They would really suck if they lasted longer than one turn. They have art on them but it's kinda boring. The back of the "War progresses" cards is the only cool part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got virus. it kills troops and destroys land cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Hall
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The Gods have been awakened. My cards read very differently from yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Details people!

I've never heard of that virus one....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
@Charlie Hall,

Well, okay. What's on your cards? I'm quite interested in discovering this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you've done it. why did you open this envelope?! you've just released a deadly virus into the world. this virus cannot be controlled, can barely be stopped, and is going to run it's course as it sees fit. good luck. good luck to you all.

local outbreak
the territory card in slot 4 of the sideboard has an outbreak. roll a die and remove that many troops from that territory. each territory connected by land remove 2 troops. each territory by sea-lines removes 1 troop.

DISCARD this card but DESTROY the territory card where the outbreak started.

general outbreak
the territory on slot 4 of the sideboard has a major outbreak. remove 1 troop from every territory on the same continent as that territory card

DISCARD this card but DESTROY the territory card where the outbreak started.

Vaccine

DESTROY any one outbreak card in the discard pile.

then starting clockwise from the player about to start his turn, a player may discard 5+ resources to find any outbreak card in the event deck, destroy it and reshuffle the deck. if there are no outbreak cards in the deck that player still loses the resources.

DISCARD this card

fun stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Green
United Kingdom
Reading
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added all of these to the spoiler file except for "The Gods Have Been Awakened" which is the only one that isn't documented yet - can you post your card text please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I remember someone posting about how they got one with "Angel" cards. That might be it. From what I can remember: Angels are similar to curses in that they have player names on them. But when they pop up in the event deck there's a few things they do that the player gets to choose from. If I remember correctly, gain a few units, force everyone to discard all their resources cards, stop movement accross sea lines until your next turn. not sure what else. I think the post was in a thread titled about this, but I'd have to go search for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was hoping to get that in my second game, but no, instead I got curses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
marhawkman wrote:
Hmm... I remember someone posting about how they got one with "Angel" cards. That might be it. From what I can remember: Angels are similar to curses in that they have player names on them. But when they pop up in the event deck there's a few things they do that the player gets to choose from. If I remember correctly, gain a few units, force everyone to discard all their resources cards, stop movement accross sea lines until your next turn. not sure what else. I think the post was in a thread titled about this, but I'd have to go search for it.

I got the angels. Technically they're called "ancient beings", but when you see them on the card they look like angels. REAL happy about that because everyone else I know got the plague. The War Progresses reads "Trapped below the earth, these ancient beings are grateful you ignored the warnings and chose to free them. Each person present now has gained a powerful ally.
In this pack are 5 identical Ancient Being event cards. Each person who is here now should put his name onto the front of one of the cards.
Once signed, these cards go into (or create) the event deck. The person who signed the card is the Chosen One of that Ancient Being.

The cards themselves read: Any player may remove 10 of his troops to immediately DESTROY this card. If not, the Chosen One (if not eliminated) may select one of the following:
Pestilence: All players discard all resource cards
Host: Place 6 troops in a territory you control
Rain of Fire: Demolish an HQ
Storms: No attacks across sea-lines until your turn.

Discard this card unless someone destroyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Undeadpool wrote:
marhawkman wrote:

I got the angels. Technically they're called "ancient beings", but when you see them on the card they look like angels. REAL happy about that because everyone else I know got the plague. The War Progresses reads "Trapped below the earth, these ancient beings are grateful you ignored the warnings and chose to free them. Each person present now has gained a powerful ally.
In this pack are 5 identical Ancient Being event cards. Each person who is here now should put his name onto the front of one of the cards.
Once signed, these cards go into (or create) the event deck. The person who signed the card is the Chosen One of that Ancient Being.

The cards themselves read: Any player may remove 10 of his troops to immediately DESTROY this card. If not, the Chosen One (if not eliminated) may select one of the following:

Any chance you could provide a scan of one of the cards before it gets marked with a player's name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
August222 wrote:
Undeadpool wrote:
marhawkman wrote:

Any chance you could provide a scan of one of the cards before it gets marked with a player's name?

Sadly that was days ago. I could white it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
No but thanks anyway. We already have a whited out version from a few weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe this one will have a smaller section with whiteout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded scans of the Ancient Beings cards to my gallery. Luckily we had a player missing so one is still blank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kunsly
msg tools
Does any body have scans of each of these types of do not open ever cards? I have the
Vacine one and the ancient beings is on here
but I wanted to make some of the other ones and put them in next time I do a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The various DNOE cards are exhaustively covered in this blog post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn’t this thread proof that not all contents of risk Legacy are equal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.