Subject: Battle mat size. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any or foresee any problems gaming on a 3' x 4' playing area for SoBH, MDRG, FL, or FF?

I got a PayPal gift certificate for Zuzzy and want to buy a new battlemat. I am going to buy the Wounded City map.

Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Laser-focused, with a half thought-out plan, this is what a hero looks like." -Narrator in the 2018 Peter Rabbit movie.
mbmbmbmbmb
3' x 4' is fine for any two-player game I can think of. When we do larger team battles we use a larger table, but never for two-player games.

Edit: oh, of those games you list, I only play SOBH. (I also play FS.) So I'm not sure if FL or the others need a larger space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
3x4 should be fine, I've played games on my 30x30 inch DBA mats with no trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It does make a difference if you're playing 15mm or 25mm.

If you play on a 4x6' mat you'll spend more time moving to contact than fighting. No fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention my models are 25mm to 28mm. Sounds like 3' x 4' won't be an issue.

Thanks for the feedback all. I am going to re post on the Yahoo Group for good measure. If anyone else has any input, please feel free to comment on this thread. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.