Popular Tags: [View All]
T M
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all cards need to be sleeved? If so, anyone know the combination of Fantasy Flight card sleeves needed to sleeve the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Graan
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy mentioned sleeves in the comments of his video, Drakkenstrike's The Ares Project Components Breakdown Video Review in HD.

Drakkenstrike wrote:
Bond8089 wrote:
What sleeves did you use for this game Jeremy? Great video, Thanks!

I used the Mayday Green Sleeves...just the basic ones but NOT the penny sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely want to sleeve the cards. Mine showed wear after one basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T M
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abyad wrote:
All 212 cards are the same size, so 5x Standard Card Game Pack (50 sleeves per pack) should do.

American or Euro size?

According to Fantasy Flight's site:

Standard American fits Cards of This Size: 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" (56x87 MM)
Examples of games with cards that this sleeve will fit: Citadels™, Munchkin™, Descent: Journeys in the Dark™, War of the Ring™, Bohnanza™

Standard Euro fits Cards of This Size: 2 5/16" x 3 9/16" (59x92 MM)
Examples of games with cards that this sleeve will fit: Agricola™, Dominion™, Lord of the Rings: The Board Game (1st Edition)™, BattleLore™, San Juan™

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't impressed with the card quality either (my first attempt to shuffle the Terran deck I managed to bend a card and crease it).

I bought a bunch of opaque sleeves (to hide the crease) and unfortunately they're so slick that a full stack of 50 cards won't fit back in the box any longer, and it won't even sit out on a table without sliding over on itself.

EDIT - Putting the piles of cards under a stack of books helped matters a bit, and creative reorganization of the box context actually got the lid to shut properly again. (Basically: Rules and Colossus board on the bottom, four sleeved decks (w/friction tape) in 2x2 on half the box on top of that, all other components on the other half)

Sigh.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.