Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Midnight effects on adventure cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this is an easy one. When midnight strikes, do all of the midnight effects on the adventure cards that are in play apply, or just the ones that players happen to be standing on at the time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All of 'em. Ouch!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jonas
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
only the latest one applies. the game would be nigh unwinnable if you had to stack midnight effects...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dashgalaxy86 wrote:
only the latest one applies. the game would be nigh unwinnable if you had to stack midnight effects...

So what if you deal two or more midnight effects on the opening six? Suddenly I'm really uneasy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul is correct, it's all of them, regardless of when they were dealt, and if anyone is standing on them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Paul is correct, it's all of them, regardless of when they were dealt, and if anyone is standing on them.


Where did you get that last bit from, about someone having to be on the Adventure? All I can find is:

"If the active player advances the Clock to XII (midnight) (or if he
advanced the Clock to midnight at any point during his turn), he
now resolves all game effects in play that say “At Midnight.”" (p. 9)

and that's how I've been playing them, all resolve, whether someone is on the Adventure or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
dashgalaxy86 wrote:
only the latest one applies. the game would be nigh unwinnable if you had to stack midnight effects...

This is incorrect.

The rules are clear, all game effects in play that say "At Midnight" apply.
Dam the Man wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Paul is correct, it's all of them, regardless of when they were dealt, and if anyone is standing on them.


Where did you get that last bit from, about someone having to be on the Adventure? All I can find is:

"If the active player advances the Clock to XII (midnight) (or if he
advanced the Clock to midnight at any point during his turn), he
now resolves all game effects in play that say "At Midnight."" (p. 9)

and that's how I've been playing them, all resolve, whether someone is on the Adventure or not.

I think both you and Steve are saying the same thing...
regardless of when they were dealt
and
regardless ...if anyone is standing on them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The confusion appears to be, adventure cards vs mythos cards.

ALL the adventure cards which have midnight effects take place.

ONLY THE TOP card of the mythos discard pile midnight effect takes place.

If I understand correctly. cool
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.