Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stunned. As a lifelong fan (since mid-70's), I've only seen them reach the playoffs a few times, and only saw them win one playoff game. I'm in the "fool me 700 times, shame on me/show me don't tell me" crowd, but I can't help but feel like this team is...

No. I can't say it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
... but I can't help but feel like this team is...

No. I can't say it yet.

cursed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
I'm stunned. As a lifelong fan (since mid-70's), I've only seen them reach the playoffs a few times, and only saw them win one playoff game. I'm in the "fool me 700 times, shame on me/show me don't tell me" crowd, but I can't help but feel like this team is...

No. I can't say it yet.

You can say it now, we're officially in the playoffs. This is a pretty good team! No one expects a Super Bowl win out of them, but a playoff spot is a huge step in the right direction! Plus they're doing it without their top running back, and at least 50% of their defensive secondary. It's simply amazing looking up at my geekbadge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Good players have come out of the Husker team before, but Nebraska fans have seen for some time that Suh is one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of talents.

Detroit fans, know that you not only have one heck of a player, but one heck of a person in Suh. On the field, he's a man amongst boys. He's a beast. He is human though, and has made some pretty glaring mistakes. Know that these come from being human and from frustration, not from being anything close to a bad person. The sports media has gotten on his case quite a bit over the "stomp", but very few people judging him truly know him.

It might take some time for his reputation to improve, and he's not going to be cut any slack by the officials and the league, but he does recognize that he's handled things poorly in game and want's to better himself. This is different from a case like James Harrison, who has flat out stated he can't stand the commissioner and has stated he has no interest in changing how he plays.

So enjoy Lions fans. Mark my words. If given the chance to make amends and prove himself, he will end up being a sure bet Hall of Famer and will as dominant of a force on the D-Line as Reggie White.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said this before, in recent years, but...as a Browns fan, your team gives me hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Audacon wrote:
slowcorner wrote:
... but I can't help but feel like this team is...

No. I can't say it yet.

cursed?

Well, technically, the curse of Bobby Layne had a 50 year duration, which expired in 2008. So we're good on that now.

Such a jerk, going around cursing things.

Blott wrote:

You can say it now, we're officially in the playoffs. This is a pretty good team!

Actually, what I'm holding my breath for is a playoff win. It's been 20 years. Getting to the NFC Championship game would be just amazing. I think our defense as a whole would have to take the next step to start thinking Super Bowl, though some depth at running back and injury help on defense may be enough. I think more talented veteran role players are going to want to play in Detroit now, which may spell the difference next year. So there, we have to count on the front office to stay sharp.

But, yeah, just trying to relax and enjoy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually thought they would do this last year until Stafford got hurt. He is a "stud" at the QB position and as long as he can stay healthy and the lions never hire Matt Millen again, I see pro bowls, at least one Super Bowl win, and maybe even an MVP at some point in his and the Lions future.

From a Packer Fan who suffered through 20 years of misery, congratulations on a good season and enjoy!

I apologize in advance if we have to beat you in the playoffs (I hope we can win anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ya, it rules. very excited. would be nice to draw the nfc east...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.