Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, are the cards with a 0 value considered?
They are fighting cards, but this pirate card ability sounds really easy.
I played considering only fighting cards with a value of more than 0 and considering the aging cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The 0 cards are considered. That particular pirate card has a relatively weak hazard value compared to the number of fighting cards you can draw. As such, you may choose to ignore a '0' card. Considering that you can't ignore an Ageing card in this manner, I think it balances out okay.

- A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not quite sure I understand the card correctly...

Just to be clear - we are talking about the Pirate Card saying:
"9 Cards free/ Hazard Value 22; only half of the Fighting Cards count (Aging Cards must be part of this)"

I am clear about the Fighting Cards.
However, I have a question concerning the Aging Cards.
Does this only mean the Aging Cards that are in Play at the time of final tally for this fight?

It could very well be that cards could be destroyed/exchanged/put under the deck. This could happen to the Aging Cards in this fight.

So, is this legal? Or does the sentence mean that any Aging Card that I draw from the deck, and subsequently play in front of me, HAS to be part of the tally? And I can do nothing against it, with no card ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
I am not quite sure I understand the card correctly...

Just to be clear - we are talking about the Pirate Card saying:
"9 Cards free/ Hazard Value 22; only half of the Fighting Cards count (Aging Cards must be part of this)"

I am clear about the Fighting Cards.
However, I have a question concerning the Aging Cards.
Does this only mean the Aging Cards that are in Play at the time of final tally for this fight?

It could very well be that cards could be destroyed/exchanged/put under the deck. This could happen to the Aging Cards in this fight.

So, is this legal? Or does the sentence mean that any Aging Card that I draw from the deck, and subsequently play in front of me, HAS to be part of the tally? And I can do nothing against it, with no card ability?

Only the aging cards count, that are in play at the time of final tally for this fight.

Best regards,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mircea Pauca
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also on this Half-cards Pirate:

Do any double and copy (the double) ability cards needed to calculate a final score need to be among the half of the cards considered in scoring ? or can those be in the non-counted half ?

I also assume the other cards with abilities already used up (+life, +cards, exchange etc.) can be among the non-counted half. Right ?

The previous answer(s) still do not clarify if any 0-power cards reduce the number of cards to halve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
ROMagister wrote:
Also on this Half-cards Pirate:

Do any double and copy (the double) ability cards needed to calculate a final score need to be among the half of the cards considered in scoring ? or can those be in the non-counted half ?

rules wrote:
You can only use the fighting points of half of the drawn fighting cards.

(emphasis added) The rule does not say anything about only using the abilities of half of the cards. Only "the fighting points" are mentioned.

Quote:
I also assume the other cards with abilities already used up (+life, +cards, exchange etc.) can be among the non-counted half. Right ?

Right.

Quote:
The previous answer(s) still do not clarify if any 0-power cards reduce the number of cards to halve.

freechinanow's comment (the first reply in the thread) seems to clarify it. In any case, the rules don't say anything about 0-cards being a special case, so they are not a special case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.