Field Commander: Rommel» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe Version Counters Glitch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
On opening the box today I was delighted to see thick, luscious counters along the lines of the re-released Hornet Leader.

But alas, my heart fell when I saw that they were printed with their fronts on the back of the counter sheet and visa versa.

Didn't DVG have this exact problem with FC Alexander (print run 1) all those years ago?

(By the way I had no air bubbles in my boards as someone else recently reported).

Lovely full-mounted maps, no change to the drab counter art. Just poor quality control I'm afraid.

Caveat enptor folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
We did have this problem with Alexander a couple years ago.

Outside of the wargaming audience, it is increadibly difficult to get across the idea that it really really matters from which side counters are die-cut.

Our solution with Alexander was to have the printer print a proper run of counter sheets, and then eat the cost of mailing the counter sheets. It was not a fun decision, but it was one we felt we had to make to stand behind our product.

We are doing the same with the Rommel Deluxe counters. Once I have details as to when we'll receive the correctly cut counters, I'll post details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can u post the photo ? is this problem affection all new rommel deluxe ? or only a few ? is this replacable ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Kegley
United States
Pulaski
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

Just got my copy and alas, I have this issue. But, it's not going to stop me from playing!

Wow. Just. Wow. What a great game!!! Thanks so much!

Neal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, if we buy the game from a webstore other than directly from DVG, will the replacement counters be available to us, or is it only through proof of a DVG direct purchase that one may claim them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shears
msg tools
I've just picked up a version of this game and the game is great. But the counters have been punched on the wrong side, which isn't great.

Has anyone had any luck getting replacement counters? I've emailed DVG, but haven't have a reply yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same problem but Dan fixed the problem and sent replacement counter sheet fairly quickly. You may need to post on Consimworld as I'm guessing he's fairly busy. I bought my game at a FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Jones
Scotland
Kilmacolm
Inverclyde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a copy with the same printing issue. First game I tried I hadn't heard about this and thought I'd never get very far with the values I could see - then I flipped one and realised that they were the wrong way round. I can live with it and play with them as they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I noticed that my copy had the back to front counters I was a bit upset soblue cry
My first stop was these forums to see if anyone else had the same issue.
Next, an email to DVG Customer Services ... snore
A week later, from all the way across the Atlantic ...
A new counter sheet. kiss yuk
PS. Please do not disturb this weekend. Playing with myself. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, this is my first wargame, and just wondered what the significance of this is? Is it the slight curvature on the counters that you can tell which is the front without looking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
Hi all, this is my first wargame, and just wondered what the significance of this is? Is it the slight curvature on the counters that you can tell which is the front without looking?
The simple answer is "yes".

From the early days of wargaming when die-cut counters were the norm (starting in the 1950's) the "curved side" has been the front of the counter, so it became a tradition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to DVG's customer service on June 18, 2012 concerning the replacement counter sheet. No response, no replacement sheet so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blade2 wrote:
I sent an email to DVG's customer service on June 18, 2012 concerning the replacement counter sheet. No response, no replacement sheet so far.

Send a couple more. i got a fast response after my third email (which mentioned that it was the third email in the subject header ). The corrected counters showed up about a week later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do. I sent a second email yesterday. I will wait a few days before sending another. I have Field Commander: Nimitz on pre-order, and I will probably buy Hornet Leader and Phantom Leader Deluxe too, but much depends on the customer service revolving around Field Commander: Rommel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try posting on Consimworld, I did when I had the problem and he responded very quickly and made things right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a request on ConsimWorld in the Field Commander: Rommel folder. I also sent a third email to DVG. Let's see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blade2 wrote:
I posted a request on ConsimWorld in the Field Commander: Rommel folder. I also sent a third email to DVG. Let's see what happens.

It recently took me three e-mails over a month but I finally got them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to hear that you received the corrected counter sheet recently. I was thinking DVG may have run out of the corrected sheets. Hence, their resounding silence so far to my inquiries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lucas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news. Dan contacted me and said the counter sheet is on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too had the mis-printed countersheet. Contacted DVG customer support a week ago, then again a few days ago, no answer yet.

Tried posting a comment on the consimworld forum, but registering a comment on that forum seems to be above my comprehension. Hopefully Dan sees my comment here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Tried posting a comment on the consimworld forum, but registering a comment on that forum seems to be above my comprehension. Hopefully Dan sees my comment here.
You have to have a (free) CSW account to post comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
murksofus wrote:
You have to have a (free) CSW account to post comments.

Yeah I made an account but couldn't log in for some reason. Do I need a separate account for CSW and one for the forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've opened my box few days ago and I of course noticed that main stats of forces were on the back side of counters.

Since all the counters were cut that way I thought that this is how it suppose to be.

If there won't be any expansions that will require to mix the counters I won't replace mine set. If there were this type expansions, it would be easy to say which one is new (so it would be more predictable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.