Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The famous "Angry Video Game Nerd" has started to make review videos of some old classic board games which includes Battle Masters and Hero Quest. The Battle Master video can be found here:

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/11/24/board-james-battle-master...

The Battle Master video is much better than hero quest because they really point out some of the issues with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only better than the Heroquest one in that they show a lot more of the game this time before they (yet again) give up on it for being, ahem, too complicated. laugh Considering he lives, eats, and breathes videogames, I know he's got to be very capable at figuring out manuals and strategy guides so I really don't know why boardgame rulebooks give him such problems, but Heroquest - and especially Battle Masters - are some of the easiest games in the hobby. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that he exaggerated a bit the fact that the rules were complicated, they are not that complicated. I don't remember having a lot of page cross reference in the rule book.

The heroquest video does not show much of the game compared to Battle Master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Woodbridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love James and all of his reviews... I'm just disappointed that his Battle Masters review is one of his weakest contributions. I'm a huge fan of the game... and he didn't really review anything. Yeah, yeah... it's a huge board and takes a while to set up. Oh well.

At least he didn't have Battle Masters try to forcibly felate him (like poor Mr. Bucket).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think his goal is to make serious reviews, it just to make fun of the game. I also don't think he is a real expert about board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mooney
Australia
Mooloolaba
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This wanst a review
These guys should not publish videos
An utter and complete waste of time
Or maybe just a sense of humour I don't get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, he is a professional movie maker, and he is going to release soon a community financed movie about the "Angry Video Game Nerd". So in the world of video games, he is very popular.

This means he is not going to stop making movies anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.