Popular Tags: [View All]
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't know: most major retailers, at least in my area if not nationwide, are carrying all Redakai stuff at half price. I noticed yesterday whilst Christmas shopping; I apologize for not getting to post this in time for anyone who may have been able to take advantage of this information for their own holiday shopping.

For those who do know, I pose a question: is this due to a failure to launch, or just a push to get it into kids' stockings? I don't know how well this game is doing (not well in my area yet, anyways), and would love to pick some up, but there seems to be nobody in my area to play it with.

If it's not doing well, I may still get some cards just for grins, but I'll likely wait until it's dead enough to get even cheaper (say Dollar Tree or OLGS clearance). If not, I'll just have to hope the sale holds out for a bit after Christmas. At that price, I may even get someone in my gaming group into it with me.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
If the acronym CCG enters the picture, then I'm out of the picture personally.
It does not matter what the theme or gameplay is, I'm just not interested from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No,it is definitely a CCG. Lots of rares and super-rares make this a hard one to collect. I've heard, though, that the game is balanced well enough to render owning lots of rares unnecessary to remain competitive - another question to add: does anyone know how true that is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pretty light game, so no, I don't think owning all rares is really necessary.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'd suggest getting the 4 structure (preconstructed) decks. They are well built and balanced, and give you 12 of the characters (out of 13, I believe.). Our local K-Mart has them for $6/each on clearance. They also have the premium starters for $10/ each, you can get set up pretty well for $30 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.