Kamil Chocimski
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello!

My name is Kam, I'm fairly new to BGG, only about a year.
Sometime in July of 2011, I've started a Project of creating my own boardgame.

The game is centered around hackers, 50 years in the future.
The world is run by 3 major corporations, since countries and
governments have become obsolete.
These hackers hack into the Cybernet, which is a vast virtual net.
smaller companies and corporations are still around & the market is much tougher. They hire hackers to do their dirty work, sometimes to steal important information on a new product, or info on corporate activity, or sometimes to eliminate the competition by destroying their system. Other jobs include hunting down other hackers as well, and siding with a certain corporation & working for them exclusively.
The organization which sells illegal programs to registered hackers & provides them with jobs, while keeping the employer anonymous.
They are simply referred to as THE AGENCY.

Players take the role of these hackers (2-4 players) they have special skills, advantages, disadvantages & specialty RIGS which they use to hack into the Cybernet.
RIGS are upgradable as funds are earned.
The world has but one monetary system, and 100% of it is digital.
these are called ¢redits

Players take missions, complete them, hack into systems, enter battle arenas, invest in upgrading, or purchasing programs, and taking on more & more difficult challenges, all the while dodging traces, system guardians, & other players who may be trying to collect a bounty on them.

It's always risky engaging with other players in the net.
this provides them with the ability to trade or sell each other programs, or reveal information (for a price). But you never know if the mission they're on is to catch you & destroy you.
if you get caught, you can get fined, you programs can become corrupted, or you could face a serious virus is infecting your rig.

Here are some pictures of some components, as well as a few Hack Cards.

Once my game reaches 25 fans, I will post pictures of ALL the Hack Cards
If I reach 100, I'll post Mission Cards, as well as host competitions for making TWO, lvl 3 mission cards!

Eventually I'll reveal all the components, rules, and videos of play-throughts.

Thank you for taking an interest in my game! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.