Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very curious about the new rules included in this expansion. I haven't seen them posted anywhere.
There was mention in another post about Guerilla tactics rules. What other new rules are covered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is pretty much it as far as new mechanics are concerned but the Spanish army will definately have a distinct feel to it. The Guerilla tactics mechanic seems very neat. I can't wait to see it in action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Stampley
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically when you play a scout card you draw a guerilla war chit instead of 2 cards. You can use this counter or chit to cancel the action of the French player.
Also when firing and moving Spanish units half their dice rounded down +1 so they are worse then the Portugese from the base game.

We are having a gameday tomorrow night in Austin and hope to have at least 2 games completed if not 3 or 4. I'll post a session report on Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick summarization of the Spanish Guerilla Action Rule (on page Page 6 of the Expansion Rules)...

The scenario will identify when the Spanish Guerilla Action Rule is in effect.

The Spanish Commander may attempt to nullify the execution of a French Command Card at the cost of one Guerilla counter/disc. The French Player then rolls one die a sabre stops the Guerilla Action.

Additional Guerilla counters/discs are acquired when the Spanish player plays a Scout 1 card. Instead of drawing two card the Spanish player draws one card and a Guerilla counter/disc

The Spanish units leave a lot to be desired.
Their combat effectivness is reduced when they move.
The usually retreat 2 hexes or more for each flag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer rules are pretty awesome. Briefly, they get to refill flag hits. The flags count, but also new hits and flags count too. Potential for a wicked lot of damage. (but the breastplate boys dodge the extra bullet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.