Subject: Reassurance needed on some basic rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first two-player game yesterday after receiving our copy this week. First impression is good, it's a great game. I still need some reassurance that I'm reading/interpreting the rules correct with one aspect of the game.

When the big wave breaks can the dice also land/stay on the deep sea and beach end? Or only in between them?

We had a lot of trouble with the shark in our first game. It got to us more than one time. I guess expanding my reef on level 1 is a better choice next time in order to leave more empty coral tiles for the skeleton counters (I started expanding on level 2 immediately in my first game). Almost ran out of empty coral tiles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the dice can be on any strip of the board, or back onto the wave.

Until you improve your movement a bit, the shark is going to eat you like popcorn shrimp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct. Also the "end" spaces are valid.

2. 2-player game is much more running away from the shark, than 3 or 4 players. Going more horizontal with "useless" spaces is fine, but even better is to go behind the shark, as long as the wave is not near full. You have more control of that, than in a game with more players. There is only your opponent who is able to fill the wave with dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.