Popular Tags: [View All]
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading Feist's Magician and I like it. So I've ordered A Darkness at Sethanon and Silverthorn.

But after that? How does this series work? Is there some sort of logic to it? I might like the trilogy and want more after that, but what? How? Which? In what order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon more than Magician. After that comes A Prince of the Blood and The King's Buccaneer, which I thought were good, but not as good as the first ones. At least I never get the urge to reread them, whereas I come back to Silverthorn every few years.

I haven't read beyond that, and judging from some of the reviews on Amazon of the later trilogies, I'm not sure I want to.

Sorry I'm not more helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can safely stop after Silverthorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. So no new to-read series for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmb
I did like the Empire series, comprising :

Daughter of the Empire
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire

I never really warmed to the Serpentwar Saga, and haven't read anything subsequent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do they fit in the first trilogy? Or is it just set in the same universe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always loved Silverthorn but the rest of the series didn't stay with me as much. But then again I've always been more of a low fantasy (vs. epic fantasy) kind of guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
How do they fit in the first trilogy? Or is it just set in the same universe?

There are only incidental points of congruence. It's pretty much a stand-alone series set in the same universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeebus, it has been 15+ years since I read Fiest. Fairie Tale was one of my favs for a long time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I think you can safely stop after Silverthorn.

I've read the first three, plus a few of the books from the other series. Honestly I could have happily stopped after Magician, which I loved, and have read several times.

But the rest, meh. The action is well written and engaging, but what kills them for me are the overly clever "lets talk about the wonderful world of magic" bits that seem to go on and on and on and on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.