Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all; Merry Christmas!!!

well, I want to buy a new game and can't decide. I am looking at Dungeon Petz (or maybe Dungegon Lords; which one is better with a group of people who don't really play heavy games?....but they like Stone Age and Fresco...) and Kingsburg. Is it any good?
Do you know similar games that are fun, light but have a good amount of strategy?
I am also intrigued by Troyes. How do you feel about it?

Thank you very much!

PS: I hope you received many good games
I got El Grande and I am looking forward to playing it; finally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsburg is cool. I say try Dungeon Lords before Dungeon Petz, my friends say that Petz was a harder one to work through. What I suggest to you.

Alhambra - A great classic that each player is trying to build their own city

Ascension: Deckbuilding Game - An easy deckbuilder for 2 to 4 players that's also very fun.

Bohnanza - A wonderful card game for 2 to 7 players about bean fields.

Ca$h 'n Gun$ - A simple game of splitting money with foam guns to point at each other. A good quick game.

Carson City - A worker placement game (like Stoneage) set in the old west.

Chinatown - A really neat game about trading.

Ra - A great game of auctioning.

Pandemic - This is a co-op where everybody is trying to stop viruses.

Formula D - a racing game for 2 to 10 players.

That's all for now. I also suggest you check out the Dice Tower on youtube for a lot of great game reviews. Goodluck and Goodgaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i already own Bohnanza, Cash n`Guns, Alhambra and Pandemic, and all of them are great games!

but thank you very much, I will have alook at the other games you mentioned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend taking a look at Flash Point: Fire Rescue. It's a co-op that is easy to get into, offers different degrees of difficulty to stay challenging, and plays well with up to 6 players. Happy holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dungeon lords is fairly heavy for "a group of people who don't really play heavy games"... it's also REALLY a 4 player game. not up to 4, but 4. I enjoyed it though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm, what about Chinatown or Castles of Burgundy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon etz and dungeon lords are enjoyable however lords has a training phase which new player should go through while petz has a little more randomness. Ikd peronally go for petz given the comments.

Other suggestions are Small World, Le Havre, 7 Wonders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.