Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what app for iPhone is the best for general score keeping. I saw different apps in use at the BGG con but never got the names of the apps. So tell me what's your favorite score keep app and why. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Android, I use KeepScore. Free, super simple, works fabulous.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nolanlawson.keepsc...

I realize you're looking for iPhone, and have nothing helpful in that regard, but some Android users will come by the thread, so I figured something for them would be nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Wang
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:
Just wondering what app for iPhone is the best for general score keeping. I saw different apps in use at the BGG con but never got the names of the apps. So tell me what's your favorite score keep app and why. Thanks.

Now, I'm developing "Boardgame Scorer" which aims the game end scoring. The more detail is in this thread:
What do you think about the idea of Customizable "Boardgame Scorer"?

Any suggestion is welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Score but have not really tried others since it serves my purposes well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:

I realize you're looking for iPhone, and have nothing helpful in that regard, but some Android users will come by the thread, so I figured something for them would be nice

Thanks! That's exactly why I clicked on this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:

+1. Very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Game Kit which is a Universal app that combines a score pad, timer and basic dice roller.

It handles scoring for up to eight players and works well enough that I haven't had the need or urge to look at any other scoring apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Boardgame Companion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Newman
United States
California
flag msg tools
Any chance you can drop the link for Score? I know many people use it but I can't find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalden Ficklin
msg tools
I really like Score Keeper HD Pro, It's super clean, easy to use, nice design, and free

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/score-keeper-hd-pro/id757083...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have started using "Score Pad" for iPhone ($0.99) to track scores up to 4 players. For just 2 players (Star Realms!) "MTG Life" (free) is great. Of course, for complex endgame scoring, "Boardgame Scorer" ($2.99) is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cottrell
United States
Spring Hill
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just stumbled upon this thread. I just downloaded Authority Tracker to use for Star Realms as well, although some of these fee MTG counters are snazzier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas P
Canada
flag msg tools
This is an old thread but I thought I would mention my free app ScorePal that I recently released.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/scorepal/id1112362273?uo=4&m...

Here is a preview of the main screen when using the app:

The app has a user friendly interface and has a bunch of useful functions:

- You can set a timer from the "Timer" screen and then navigate back to the main view and pause/reset the timer with one tap (the timer shows up in the bottom right, as seen above).

- If you are playing a game with a constant increment, you can use "+" and "-" buttons to simply add or subtract from a player's score. This increment can be changed by tapping the textbox next to the "+/-" label located at the bottom of the screen, as seen above.

- If you are not playing a game with a constant increment, you can tap on the player's score and a simple calculator will show up allowing you to easily add or subtract from the player's score without having to do any math.

- You can save games by navigating to the "Options" screen. Whenever you want to continue your game, you can load the "Scoreboard" and continue.

- You can drag a player's name to change the turn order.

I am constantly trying to improve the app so if you have any suggestions please email scorepal.ios@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting about ScorePal. I just used it for the first time today to track a game of The Dwarf King. Very nice app!

EDIT: Actually, I had to stop using this app. It kept crashing and losing all the data (iPhone 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas P
Canada
flag msg tools
Drasher25, sorry about the crash, that should never happen.

There was an update on August 5th that fixed a crash that was happening when using the calculator, did you have that version or an older one? I have no other bugs on my radar right now. Do you remember what caused it? If you could let me know that would be great.

I am constantly investing time in the app to make it better and more user friendly. There will be a full UI redesign coming within the next month (there is also a new icon coming in a day or two). Any feedback you have on how else to improve it would be awesome. Sorry again for the crash!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas P
Canada
flag msg tools
Version 2.0 of ScorePal is now live and features a brand new UI.

Here are some updated screenshots of the app:

Main view of the app:

Adding a player:

Loading previously saved scoreboards:

Using simple calculator (tap a players score to access this):

Let me know what you think. Email scorepal.ios@gmail.com if you have any ideas that would make the app better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of these apps have the option to save scores? I usually just keep a sheet of notebook paper in each game box to keep track of scores but it would be nice if it could all be kept on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas P
Canada
flag msg tools

You can save scores or "scoreboards" in ScorePal (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scorepal/id1112362273?uo=4&m...).

Just navigate to the menu and select "Save scoreboard". After that you can close the app and whenever you feel like resuming the game you can navigate to the "Load scoreboard" menu and get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Scorekeeper XL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After trying many iPhone scoring apps, I'll throw my weight behind Mutility. It is highly versatile and easy to use. Free to try, $3 to unlock the full feature set and well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. C. DeMarco
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never found anything better than GameScorer. My new iPhone complained about it being old (which is why I went looking for threads like this one), but it still seems to run fine. I like the little dots indicating the round.

The developer's other app, My Scorepad, is more recent and possibly more stable but somewhat less free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hussain
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm happy to say I just released www.scoreboard.guru (yes, .guru is a real top-level domain now). For now, it is iOS only, but Android is coming soon.

I've haven't been satisfied with any of the other apps out there... so I built this one. You can see your performance over time, compare with your friends, and export your scores. Scoreboard Guru is easy to use, and backs up all of your data on our servers so all your history is safe & available on all your devices.

I don't want to 'sell' too hard here, so you can see a list of the features on the site. It's free to try!

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneeuw Vos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is something for you:

KeepGameScore at https://keepgamescore.com

It can run on mobile, tablet, desktop and no app needs to be installed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Marshall
msg tools
Hi All,

I think my new iOS app might meet some of your needs too: Versus App https://appsto.re/gb/IYHnlb.i

You can add as many games and players as you like and then bring these together into various 'Versus'. You can then score and log unlimited match results within each Versus. A full history of every point, game and match is logged and various statistics and charts show how each player is doing. Additional Charts /Stats are planned for release soon as is full data export for analysis elsewhere.

Enjoy! And let me know if you have any questions about the app.

Thanks,
Stuart
Versus App

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorekeeper XL is the best one I've found by far, but it gives you a warning that it needs to be updated for iOS 11. Hopefully the developer will update it. I'm on iOS 10 now so it's ok.

I tried the other ones in the thread but they are all pretty subpar for my tastes. Scoreboard Guru requires that you register with your email...for a score keeping app? Are you serious?

ScorePal is not written for iPad natively, apparently, so it looks funny on the tablet. Really only for iPhones.

Versus is a bit too cumbersome for just scoring a quick board game. It's more for tracking scores over many sessions and comparing players, as far as I can tell. I just want to keep score for a single game with different players.

Interested in any other suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.