Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hart
United States
DPO
AP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im using the Dreadnought damage rules and playing solo using a combination of the GWAS Solo rules and some home made rules (ie. Enemy Fleet composition is not discovered until contact, etc.). I had one ship with a damaged Fire Control get hit again in Fire Control. So its destroyed. Should I double the negative effect on the gunnery or are the ships guns out of action because if that? I would think that without Fire Control the targeting and communications with the guns would be unable to fire effectively.... Maybe the smaller guns, but the Primaries and maybe secondaries would be out. Any thoughts.

Also, do the gunnery strength modifiers apply equally to all gun systems or are just the Primaries accounted for in the table on Page 30. So should I adjust the percentages based on the ranges of the Secondaries and Tertiaries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The guns would not be out of action, they would be under local control. Larger ships had multiple range finders in any case, besides which, the ship would already have the approximate range (assuming it had been firing at its current target).
I would just make the penalty cumulative (but no more than double the original).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hart
United States
DPO
AP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
The guns would not be out of action, they would be under local control. Larger ships had multiple range finders in any case, besides which, the ship would already have the approximate range (assuming it had been firing at its current target).
I would just make the penalty cumulative (but no more than double the original).

Local control was always an option. Indeed, in the dreadnought era central fire control was a new technique and wasn't always used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.