Subject: Zero aclimatisation Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Schöffel
Germany
Nürnberg
Franken
flag msg tools
Prevents Zero aclimatisation Card suffering aclimatisation wounds for the climber the round it is played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvydas Kazlauskas
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Absolutely no! As far as I understand this card is made to be used in those cases, when you don't really want play any other movement or acclimatisation card, but, according to rules, you still need to choose something (because you need to play 3 cards each turn).
Hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's simply a crappy card (which gives you 0 acclimatization points, i.e. basically useless) which you need to play at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been an official answer. Can't find it now though.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/585545/applying-the-zero...

It's a useless card. There is no way you can use it. It only exist in the deck to take a space.
"I think that the designer had said that you can't have only good cards in your deck."

And you can't use it to give a mountaineer the risk token and then choose him to lower his oxygen meter. In order to lower the oxygen meter he must have gained 1 points of something first (movement or oxygen) (it's in the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Johns
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In reply to (ArvydasK) you do not need to play 3 cards a turn:-

In the English rules for K2:-
"It's not required to use all movement points, and it's legal not to move a climber a turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You both are right! In fact, you must play three cards in front of you face down in the begining of each turn, however you can choose not to use the cards for movement nor for aclimatisation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenjohns wrote:

Hm? The rules explicitly say that each turn "All players select 3 out of their 6 cards in their hand, and place the 3 cards face down in front of them."

You definitely play 3 cards each turn. Whether and how you use those 3 played cards is up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Johns
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
kenjohns wrote:

Hm? The rules explicitly say that each turn "All players select 3 out of their 6 cards in their hand, and place the 3 cards face down in front of them."

You definitely play 3 cards each turn. Whether and how you use those 3 played cards is up to you.

Here we have a difference in definitions. I might "lay down" 3 cards but I only "play" them if I use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenjohns wrote:
russ wrote:

Here we have a difference in definitions. I might "lay down" 3 cards but I only "play" them if I use them.

Aha, OK.

Hmm, I think your usage may be the minority one.

To me, it seems that most games where you select and lay out a card (or cards) seem to call that "playing a card", regardless of whether any concrete effect actually results from playing the card. (Cf. "Draw one, play one" in Fluxx, for example.)

E.g. in the K2 example about risk tokens (before players have done anything other than select and lay down their cards), "Brian played two cards with a movement value of 1 each and a rope card with a value of 1 (up) / 3 (down). Anna played two movement cards, one with a value of 1 and one with a value of 3, and an acclimatization card with a value of 1." etc, without even knowing what, if anything, they will do with those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.