Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seeing if anyone has a teaching guide for this game. I'm fairly poor at trying to discern what the minimum needed to teach is in order to play a game, and I tend to practically just read the rule book when I don't have a guide...which seems a particularly poor way to teach this game (kind of have the same problem with High Frontier, but I digress)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I may write one up. I've taught this game many many times over the last few days and could probably whip up something pretty simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes please!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
I may write one up. I've taught this game many many times over the last few days and could probably whip up something pretty simple.

That would be so helpful, Cole - while the Example-of-Play gives the basic facts, it doesn't give the reasons why things happen nor cover all the bases.

For example, on Turn 3 it doesn't state why the Digging Claw costs 3 Genes (because it's now the 4th card from the left, after Dog-face purchased a card the prior turn), nor does it mention that the Dino-croc player places 1 Gene token on each of the 3 cards to the left.

Cross-referencing the Example-of-play helps to learn the game, but a teaching guide would great (thnx).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vova N
Canada
flag msg tools
Cole Wehrle wrote:

So quite some time has passed since Dec 25, 2011. Did this happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Neilson
United States
Mountain Home
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Unchecked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernizations, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals pose extraordinary and undeniable threats" -The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Science and Security Board. 1/21/16
badge
Troops of the U.S. Army 11th Airborne Division watch a plume of radioactive smoke rise November 1, 1951 after a blast at Yucca Flats, Nevada. (Photo by National Archive/Newsmakers)
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think so... I am actually looking for a teaching guide or even a video of game play because the rulebook leaves me with a lot of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.