Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
Now go eat some chocolate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

just got this game for christmas :-) and have a few questions:

1. If the dragon is attacked with a strength of 2, and the armor had already taken 3 damage, does the excessive wound marker go to another part of the dragon? (I guess no because it wouldn't make sense with other body parts, like wings and feet. However, if reading the rules literally, the dwarf player just decides where to put the markers without constraint or the need to announce beforehand.)

2. Really stupid question: After the dragon escaped the net, does the dwarf need to re-collect it on the board before using it again? (I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" but it just doesn't feel right to me thematically.)

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

1. The dwarf player can choose where he want to atack. If he atack (for example) with streng 2 and give to dragon 2 wound markers, he can decides to give one to wings, second to feet etc. He can give 2 to one - f.e. to feet. Of course on the begining dwarfs have to give 4 wounds to dragon (4 spaces on top of dragon's board).

2. No ;-) I think that Dwarf with net has this net tie to rope. When dragon escape Dwarf drag rope with net, and he has the net ;-)

Sorry for my english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engelhardt
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Prokop
Germany
flag msg tools
If the dwarf-player attacks the dragon (who has already taken 4 or more damage), does he

a) have to announce towards which part of the Dragon he is attacking and then the Dragon-player decides whether he is going to block the attack or not
or
b) just attacks and if the attack is not blocked tells where the dragon takes damage (splitting up on the 3 parts is allowed)?
I think malzwei talked about version b) when he wrote about
Quote:
the need to announce beforehand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engelhardt
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understood Adam, it's b). You just tell the dragon player where to put the wound markers after the attack got through. Even if you attack with 2 dwarfs at once, using the card below, the dragon has no control over which body part is hit, if he blocks one of the dwarfs.

I think about introducing a house rule to make an exception for this one card though, to boost the dragon a bit. (So far most games were won by the dwarfs. Could be we just don't know how to play the dragon right yet .)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malzwei wrote:
(So far most games were won by the dwarfs. Could be we just don't know how to play the dragon right yet .)

As the dragon, you should be moving away and avoiding combat a lot of the time. I've seen newbies often lose as the dragon by trying to kill off the dwarves instead of simply survive until time runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engelhardt
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add that we had a game yesterday where the dwarfs won again, but it was very(!) close and tense. The dwarf player won with its very last attack, a 2x1 card, and the dragon was able to block only one of the hits.

I see now what you mean, adding a house rule to boost the dragon could easily hurt the tension of the game. Right now I'd prefer to play the dragon again, even if this would mean a higher probability of defeat. Makes the eventual win all the sweeter ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.