Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelby Smith
United States
Augusta
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon has the Redakai Championsip Tin on sale for $7.99 (reg29.99) I ordered 3 last week. We have opened 2 so far and the cards are completely different in each tin. We have played a few games so far and it is pretty fun. Definately worth 8 bucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be courteous and provide a link for those who are actually interested.
I'm not, but that is entirely beside the point. Provide a Link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:

For those who have enough time to complain, yet not enough to provide the same effort to just post it...
http://www.amazon.com/Redakai-Championship-Tin-with-Cards/dp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aussieb1987 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

For those who have enough time to complain, yet not enough to provide the same effort to just post it...

I'm not in the habit of cleaning up after or helping other people who are slacking off, unless I have a vested interest in it personally, and like I said, I don't care about the game so why search for it. Also, if you do take care of things like this for the poster, the object lesson typically gets lost. Its akin to the whole "Teach a man to fish." type of idea. Granted you were trying to be nice to everybody else, which is noble and kind, but you were just an enabler a moment ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
aussieb1987 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

I'm not in the habit of cleaning up after or helping other people who are slacking off, unless I have a vested interest in it personally, and like I said, I don't care about the game so why search for it. Also, if you do take care of things like this for the poster, the object lesson typically gets lost. Its akin to the whole "Teach a man to fish." type of idea. Granted you were trying to be nice to everybody else, which is noble and kind, but you were just an enabler a moment ago.
Not exactly what one would expect from a geek sporting a "Feel the Love" mb. Merry Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
aussieb1987 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

Cleaning up? Exactly lets not help out someone who just tried to HELP OTHERS out... I understand why there have been several posts in the 'Hot Deals' under fire for this. People try to help others out but they dont hand it to you on a silver plate with a cherry on top.

Sure, its nice when the link is included but why be captain h.a. about something so minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grue
United States
SF East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kairu tin is also $5.39 which is a good price (MSRP $20). Picked these up last week for my kids for xmas.

Link for the uninterested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SQ0V1A/ref=ox_sc_act_ti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
Not exactly what one would expect from a geek sporting a "Feel the Love" mb. Merry Christmas?

I just asked for the courtesy, I'm not the one who started with the less-than-love comment. Besides, this is not the "Feel the Love" thread. Its a different atmosphere in my opinion and more open to criticism.

aussieb1987 wrote:
Cleaning up? Exactly lets not help out someone who just tried to HELP OTHERS out... I understand why there have been several posts in the 'Hot Deals' under fire for this. People try to help others out but they dont hand it to you on a silver plate with a cherry on top.

I'm of the stance that if you are not going to help out all the way in the "Hot Deal" forum, then there is not much sense in going halfway when posting a deal, which to me means tell me what the perceived deal is and post the link. Also, if its so minor, then there is really no good reason why the poster should not do it, so my point exactly. Mention it and link to it. Its not unreasonable and really its expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this pushed me over the edge to try it out. Basically 4 for the price of one to get free shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Smith
United States
Augusta
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just trying to help people find a great deal (which apparently they have). This was my very first post and I don't know how to put in links. I have found most of the people here on the geek helpful and kind, but you sir seem to be neither. Please don't waste any more time on this link replying to this, we come to this area to find deals, not confrontational people with too much time on their hands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoserama wrote:
I was just trying to help people find a great deal (which apparently they have). This was my very first post and I don't know how to put in links.

I read this and was prepared to help you with enthusiasm, but...

Hoserama wrote:
I have found most of the people here on the geek helpful and kind, but you sir seem to be neither.

Why the frell would I want to help you now. Seriously, cut and paste. Its not rocket science.

Hoserama wrote:
Please don't waste any more time on this link replying to this, we come to this area to find deals, not confrontational people with too much time on their hands!

If you did not want a further response, don't prompt for one by being accusatory. If I'm accusatory, then I expect a response if another party so chooses, but inviting a person to not respond back is a cheap trick to try and get the last word in.

Lastly, if you don't know how, at least have the sense to mention that in your post. I would have helped from the get go knowing that. Really though, you have been on the site since May of this year, undoubtedly seen plenty of "Hot Deals" posted, and really should know what is called for in such a posting by this point.

Anyway, you either get it by this point or you don't. However, one last time, in the tone I initially started out with... Include the link as a courtesy in the future and it will be appreciated.

P.S. Cut and Paste from the URL bar into the comment text by using CTRL+C and CTRL+V.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaomir Jagr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
aussieb1987 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

Thank you for actually being helpful and thank you OP for passing along this deal, picked up 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's how this thread could have gone if it weren't for the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory:

OP: deal without a link

Reply: Thanks for posting this deal! Could you please add a link to your post to make it easier to find the deal?

OP: Sure, no problem...how do I add in a link?

Reply: Go to the deal page on Amazon and then copy the address. Edit your initial post and paste the address there.

OP: Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember - if you see something you want to react negatively to, flag it and forget it.

Using the icon serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.