Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Washington's War» Forums » General

Subject: Thank you Santa! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Thomas
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got Washington's War for Xmas!
Can't wait to play
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Estarriol wrote:
Just got Washington's War for Xmas!
Can't wait to play


I don't have this game yet but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Merry Christmas and enjoy!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, your going to have fun!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need a tutorial, I have a couple of VASSAL logs where I am playing with new players and talk a little strategy and discuss rules.

Happy to help. If you want, send me a Geekmail w/ your regular e-mail address and I'll pass it along.

Congrats! It's an excellent game!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Estarriol wrote:
Just got Washington's War for Xmas!
Can't wait to play


I don't have this game yet but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Merry Christmas and enjoy!


... it turned out I got this, too, and Twilight Struggle for Christmas! My first "war-games."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scheitlin
United States
Halethorpe
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Coren wrote:
Estarriol wrote:
Just got Washington's War for Xmas!
Can't wait to play


I don't have this game yet but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Merry Christmas and enjoy!


... it turned out I got this, too, and Twilight Struggle for Christmas! My first "war-games."


LOL me too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GrapeApe wrote:
Coren wrote:
Coren wrote:
Estarriol wrote:
Just got Washington's War for Xmas!
Can't wait to play


I don't have this game yet but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Merry Christmas and enjoy!


... it turned out I got this, too, and Twilight Struggle for Christmas! My first "war-games."


LOL me too


Nice. I don't think I'll be playing WaW too soon. It looks like TS will be the better starter game and that's going to be one to really sink my teeth into. They booth look beautiful and I never thought I'd be this excited about historical games. Unfortunately, I've come down with a cold so my Twilight Struggle game marathon day had to be called off =(

I hope you're having fun with the games!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Nice. I don't think I'll be playing WaW too soon. It looks like TS will be the better starter game and that's going to be one to really sink my teeth into. They booth look beautiful and I never thought I'd be this excited about historical games.


Where are you in San Diego? I work in La Jolla and would be happy to meet at Game Empire to teach you how to play Washington's War some time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
itsmarty wrote:
Coren wrote:
Nice. I don't think I'll be playing WaW too soon. It looks like TS will be the better starter game and that's going to be one to really sink my teeth into. They booth look beautiful and I never thought I'd be this excited about historical games.


Where are you in San Diego? I work in La Jolla and would be happy to meet at Game Empire to teach you how to play Washington's War some time.


Hey, I just saw your reply. I actually live only a few minutes away from Game Empire. That might be fun to do sometime.

I played my first game of TS with a newbie friend this past week and we both really liked it. We'll be working on that game for a while. But I definitely think we both enjoyed the CDG aspect of it which is good since I also have Labyrinth and WaW. Then on to block and hex games!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send you a geekmail with my contact info.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.