Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Glory to Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: More than one jack in hand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teresa Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it legal to have more than one jack in your hand at any one time?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No limit of any kind on how many or what type of cards you have in your hand.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
No limit of any kind on how many or what type of cards you have in your hand.


I disagree. Under no circumstances can you have more than six (Jacks) in your hand.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
Gawain wrote:
No limit of any kind on how many or what type of cards you have in your hand.


I disagree. Under no circumstances can you have more than six (Jacks) in your hand.


Unless you have the two buildings which increase your hand limit by 2 or 4. Add this to your original hand limit of 5, then theoretically your maximum hand could be 11. So you could have 11 jacks in your hand naturally.

Of course, if you did nothing but perform thinking actions and taking 1 card (a jack) every turn, you could then have as many jacks and are available in the game in your hand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
Of course, if you did nothing but perform thinking actions and taking 1 card (a jack) every turn, you could then have as many jacks and are available in the game in your hand.


i.e. six
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that games could get pretty violent if it turns out you had 12 palisades, too.

B>
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake wrote:
lorddillon wrote:
Of course, if you did nothing but perform thinking actions and taking 1 card (a jack) every turn, you could then have as many jacks and are available in the game in your hand.


i.e. six


Yes. There are 6 jacks in the game out of the box.

(It takes me a while, but eventually I catch on! whistle)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
Gawain wrote:
No limit of any kind on how many or what type of cards you have in your hand.


I disagree. Under no circumstances can you have more than six (Jacks) in your hand.


Unless you have the two buildings which increase your hand limit by 2 or 4. Add this to your original hand limit of 5, then theoretically your maximum hand could be 11. So you could have 11 jacks in your hand naturally.
There is no maximum hand limit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fograsher wrote:
lorddillon wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
Gawain wrote:
No limit of any kind on how many or what type of cards you have in your hand.


I disagree. Under no circumstances can you have more than six (Jacks) in your hand.


Unless you have the two buildings which increase your hand limit by 2 or 4. Add this to your original hand limit of 5, then theoretically your maximum hand could be 11. So you could have 11 jacks in your hand naturally.
There is no maximum hand limit.


I know, which is why I said above:
me above wrote:
Of course, if you did nothing but perform thinking actions and taking 1 card every turn...


There is a hand size limit that tells you how many cards you can go up to when using the think action, and if you are there, you get to add 1 to your hand... so yes, there is no limit to your hand size. I just didn't explain myself very well before.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.