Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign play and Fortunes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious how people deal with fortunes/blessings in campaign play when using treasure tokens? Do you just remove them completely since treasures are so rare that you don't want to blow it on a fortune? Or do you turn fortunes into one shot magic-items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a treasure token for an ire
- I draw and discard until the first item shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
When I get a treasure token for an ire
- I draw and discard until the first item shows up.

If you do that it feels a bit disappointing pulling a one off effect since actual items are pretty rare now.

I may attach the fortunes to specific cards or rolling a 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all of the fortunes / blessings along with any item $1,000 gold or less into silver sleeves and anything that cost more into gold sleeves. The way we play is every time you kill a monster you get one silver treasure and a treasure token. If it is a treasure instead of gold on the token, you get to draw from the gold stack.

Also for the "merchant" that you can buy from between adventures and any treasure chests that pop up you get a gold treasure. Lastly, we incorporate 5xp villains into random play so if you defeat one of those you also get a gold card instead of a silver. Works really well and makes the gold seem very rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a good idea. Where did you get silver/gold sleeves from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My two brothers and I have played Magic the Gathering since 1995 or whatever and had a long white box with random or misc sleeves that were under 60 and thus couldn't be used. We usually get Dragon shields at our local gaming store and they are $10 for 100 here in the US, but you can get any two different colors you wish just so you know which is which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found them, thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 game method we use is to combine all the treasure cards from 3 sets and separate them into 2 decks, item-treasures and fortune/blessing-treasures.

At the end of your hero phase if you have defeated at least one monster or disabled at least 1 trap you draw 1 fortune. Never more than 1. In addition, every monster defeated yields a random treasure token. 1 token for every monster defeated during your hero phase. Each hero holds their own gold coins pile.

We also play with a random 3 item draw at the start as an in-game shop, accessible from the start tile as a free action.

This method keeps item treasures at manageable numbers for campaign play without nerfing treasures too severely for single adventure sessions. Also allows for the use of treasure tokens in non campaign games.

However, we also add alot of extra difficulty rules to compensate for our treasure system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.