Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple variants:

1. I use a 4 sided die to see how many cures I can play each turn. With 1-4 cures per turn it gives the game a little more of a tactical element.

2. I remove any patients under the age of 18 before playing the game. I lets me sleep better afterward.

Question: From the couple of reviews I read and from what I've played, there are too many anytime cards. Is there a number of anytime cards you should remove from the game before playing? Half? 10? Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
From the couple of reviews I read and from what I've played, there are too many anytime cards. Is there a number of anytime cards you should remove from the game before playing?

I have found it wise to let my hand fill up with Anytime cards, rather than those dangerous Treatments I might kill a patient with. If I have two Treatments, then I can treat every turn as if I rolled a 2, and can safely disregard those 3, 4, and 5 rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good idea. It was the case last night when I played it. I think I will stick with the original amount of anytime cards.
The 4 sided die variant really worked out well, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.