Subject: Choosing a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darja Jevstafjeva
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for me there are still 5 days till I get my presents, (being russian and so on) also my birthday is in 2 weeks. There are 3 games I really want: 7 Wonders, Quarriors and Dungeon Petz, but I think I'll be able to only get two..so what do you suggest? What games to get out of those three? Or maybe get something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Quarriors! Plays well with many different ages and play quickly. I do not own 7-Wonders but, from what I hear, it plays best with 3+ players. However, it a very popular game, so if you plan on playing with 3+ players, I would get that one too. Dungeon Pets is very new and I haven't heard enough about the game for an opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
7 wonders plays well 2-7. It's not my first choice for a 2p game, but it's fine. Since it plays 7 people, and doesn't have a lot of downtime or an extended playtime, it hits my table pretty often. I think it's a great addition to any collection.

I'm not a huge fan of quarriors. It's light and easy to teach, but it's hard for me to think of a situation where it would be the first game I'd recommend. It's non confrontational, since all the attacks are forced and hit everyone, which is a plus over Nightfall. Maybe if someone needed an intro to deck building. I prefer heavier games in general though, and a lot of people really enjoy it.

I have only heard rumors about dungeon petz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players would you normally have? While some people like 7 Wonders with 2p, it becomes a very different game thanks to the shared neutral player. But it's great up to 7. Serious gamers consider it a light filler, but it can be pretty intimidating to non-gamers. It's a bit more complex than Citadels, for example.

Quarriors! has had mixed reviews. I haven't played it.

Apparently Dungeon Petz is WAY heavier than the other two, so you should weigh that into your decision. I haven't played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.